Six Nations Rugby 2018

Irish rugby homecoming called off at the behest of Joe Schmidt. Doesn’t want players losing focus for the RWC.

What a cunt

1 Like

Look at the cunt

Kids in tears at that Aviva I’m told

Ireland Ireland Ireland

2 Likes

Great big of radio now on RTE 1 . The highlights of the Grand Slam with the Drop Kick Murphy’s music .

2 Likes

Hugo McNeill really emotional about how this team connected with the public .

2 Likes

This transcends sport. This is Ireland’s history

1 Like

Goldman’s Sachs Hugo macneil?

5 Likes

Sin a bhfuil an fear .

It’s an fantastic achievement.

As ROG pointed out today these guys were blooded last summer in both international game but also into the whole 1st team system.

Fellas can go on about where rugby is in the world and all that but it can not take away from the job the IRFU have done. They are routinely beating teams with much much bigger picks and often alot more money. Another thing people forget. Money talks.

Only an absolute asshole would be truing to play down the IRFU success.

You do not have to like someone to respect them.

Like I think @alf_stewart is a cunt. But I respect him.

That kinda thing

8 Likes

A lot of effort for an uncharacteristically poor post there.

You reference both players who played in all matches and players who have retired from the game.

Jamie Heaslip is a former player. He’s about as relevant to the discussion as Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennett and Barry John are to discussion of Wales’s injury list.

Wales were missing six British Loins test starters and two British Loins squad members.

As you said yourself, that’s an extensive injury list.

Ireland’s injury list amounted to John O’Brien and, for the last two matches, Robert Henshaw, and well, that’s about it, really.

Sid. I think you need to open the second letter

1 Like

Congratulations to the real rubby men on here - @gilgamboa, @tallback, @GeoffreyBoycott, @Tim_Riggins et al.

Grand Slams don’t come easy so I hope you enjoy the moment.

You’ve won this round - the war goes on.

8 Likes

The seethe at one of Ireland’s few 32 county teams winning something is fascinating to watch. A classic example of cognitive dissonance. Pretend RA cunts from the free state that didn’t lift a leg to help the oppressed in the wee six, but take every opportunity to declare their republicanism.

Utter cowardly useless walkers. A stain on Irish history.

10 Likes

Of course Heaslip is relevant, he has been on the books up until a couple of weeks ago and using up central contract money.

I think you’ll find everybody is delighted at our cricket win over Scotland today, mate.

You’ll be saying Fergus Slattery is relevant next, mate.

Wales were missing Shane Williams, by the way.

The see the from who mate?

Most are happy to beat the English

By the time Wales played Ireland in match 3, quite a few of their walking wounded had returned. Liam Williams, Dan Biggar, Leigh Halfpenny were all back in the Wales starting line up, George North came off the bench in that match and a fit again Talupe Faletau was omitted for another British Lion, Ross Moriarty.

That was a match which Wales lost in the front five. Its worth noting that Wales were selecting from full strength in the front five throughout the tournament, whereas Ireland were missing the British Lions tight head from New Zealand, Tadhg Furlong and British Lions second row Iain Henderson. Ireland had to throw in a 22 year old Andrew Porter at the deep end to lock the scrum. With a former hooker Gatland as coach you’d have expected the Welsh tight forwards to have been a lot better drilled and prepared.

Robbie Henshaw missed the last three matches and not the last two as you’ve incorrectly stated. He went off injured just after half time of the second match against Italy.

1 Like

Heaslip was on the books of the IRFU at the start of the Six Nations and a registered player. End of discussion.

2 Likes