Six Nations Rugby 2018

Jesus fellas would need to be medicated

1 Like

I picked it up somewhere in the last week or two, kid.

2 Likes

Oooooooooft

??? Huh there was a half a million people at the various parades around the country. Another 5 or 6 k at the club gaa finals and at least 400k watched on BBC. Staggering figures.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Would there be much of a crossover between those out celebrating Ireland’s unique culture, tradition and heritage and those who would be eager to tune in to sing Phil Coulters national anthem and watch Bundee throw the ball to CJ for the title clinching score? What next, a smaller than expected crowd at an Ulster football final as it clashed with Bloomsday celebrations?!

5 Likes

**[quote=“Halfpipe, post:2310, topic:25271, full:true”]
Would there be much of a crossover between those out celebrating Ireland’s unique culture, tradition and heritage and those who would be eager to tune in to sing Phil Coulters national anthem and watch Bundee throw the ball to CJ for the title clinching score? What next, a smaller than expected crowd at an Ulster football final as it clashed with Bloomsday celebrations?!
[/quote]

Dunno. Would you compare it to a scouser heading the ball to a Scotsman to score putting Eire 1-0 up against England in Euro 88

3 Likes

There has sadly always been a need for the Irish to emigrate and send back a few bob to the old country to keep the show on the road. In the case of Euro 88 some incredibly patriotic Irish emigrants sent back to the island their sons and grandsons to give those left behind the type of lift they had never had before and launch the country on the international scene. Rarely will you ever see a more patriotic gesture. The modern way sadly now is for lads to scatter in all directions offering to wear the international jersey of the highest bidder.

1 Like

Id say most people at the parade would be parents with their kids. People with a wide variety of interests have kids these days. Not just true gaels

God they were great though. Geand Slam winners, wow that is something. The envy of the rugby world. Just class gushing off them so cool I mean really cool, no bullshit just focus and belief. I’m very proud that they represent my country,. Well done Ireland and long may it continue.

2 Likes

5 Likes

every British person I talk wants to talk about our rugby team, they are are national pride, no one gives a fuck about the Eire soccer team, they are seen as a laughing stock

3 Likes

Ye, they are a laughing stock in the 26 also kid. Oireland in 20 18 is very much rubby country, nobody bar a few scummy losers cares about the eire soccer team, even the plastic paddies are turning their backs on them.

The anti rubby lads here love franno this is gonna give them an awful rash

1 Like

Great article, one of the few times Franno hasn’t been on the nose was when he tried to punch Tony Copsey.

2 Likes

How are the parents / in laws ???

Franno knows the pulse of the nation .

They’ll be jumping like sausages in the frying pan. Their stale crap anti rugby banter is finished

1 Like

I reckon a few pints with Franno would be great craic . The banter would be great and he would be an amazing raconteur .

franno has some muldoons hopping

1 Like

Paddy and his inferiority complex

2 Likes