Six Nations Rugby 2018

Feel free to finish off the story when you’re ready…

You’re windmilling here trying to prove your point. Lepping up and down banging the keyboard. There was far more people in the pub on paddys day its the biggest drinking day of the year :roll_eyes:

There were far more people watching the association football in pubs than the rugby, mate. There is an established, long standing culture, going back to 1988, of pubs in every corner of the island being packed to rafters when Eire play a match in a major international finals, particularly a knock out match.

There has never been such a culture for the rugby team playing their five annual Spring test matches.

Again, you are ignoring UTV, as you are a partitionist.

Also, unlike Mac who went around Dublin counting cars at Euro 2016, there is a verified number from AGS for the parade in Dublin for example. 450k, that undoubtably had an effect on the average audience of the rugby. Therefore the peak is probably the fairer reflection in the 26- notwithstanding the fact that Irish rugby team is far more popular in the 6 counties than the ROI soccer team which attracts support from just one community.

There is simply no doubt that the Irish rugby team is the People’s Choice on the island of Ireland for team of choice. It is like in Australia- Aussie rules might be by far the most popular sport outside of NSW and Queensland, where League rules, but the Aussie cricket team truly unites Australia as the national side.

It’s very interesting to see a Northern Irish supporter being so defensive of the ROI soccer team I mus say.

You’ve ignored the statistics, mate.

Must do better.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Cheers, mate. You’re proving my point for me.

Eire never played a knock out match in 1988 . They were beaten in the group stages by Holland

2 Likes

Franno has rattled a lot of cages with this

2 Likes

No mate. St patricks day is the biggest drinking day of the year. Your made up tradition is in the halfpenny place next to it.

I didnt realise you were just having a laugh hence my reaction

There is a longstanding tradition of the Irish rugby side actually attracting bums on seats for the annual Winter/Spring tournament. Unlike the ROI team who rarely fill the Aviva Stadium and historically required the IRFU in order to play home games.

There is also established television ratings for the annual tournament. The ROI does well when they are on the verge of a tournament or at a tournament - which is rare. Even sill, for example the England v Australia rugby football game at the 2015 World Cup outrated two crunch ROI Euro qualifiers versus Bosnia and Germany.

2 Likes

Ooooooooooooooooooft

You can take your drink with you back to your seats too at rugby games

2 Likes

Franno hasn’t caused a stir like this since he crossed the great divide, defecting from Blackrock College to Old Belvedere.

1 Like

Sids cage is swinging all over the room with the dent of it all

Nice comprehension fail, mate. :grin:

You’re a day late and a dollar short Sid

1 Like

Oh dear, no response from the Northern Irish soccer fan desperately defending the ROI soccer team.

1 Like

Oooooft headshot :bomb:

Sids typing up a storm here

1 Like