Six Nations Rugby Championship 2015

Great win for us against the Italians, the west Brits up next two week today. What an occasion that will be

[QUOTE=“Tassotti, post: 1092050, member: 361”]Great win for us against the Italians, the west Brits up next two week today. What an occasion that will be
[/QUOTE]
Hope ya hammer them mate. Should have my bet up by 2.00 for the scots welsh game

Very much along expected lines this weekend with England, Ireland and Wales all winning. A workmanlike performance from Ireland. They’ll need to start showing a bit more creativity in the back line from here on in.

I still have concerns about Coach Lancaster. Napoleon Bonaparte’s observations about a lucky general springs to mind. He still doesn’t measure up to Martin Johnson’s achievements (and that’s just in a managerial not a playing respect). Lancaster despite 4 wins from 5 in each of the past 3 seasons has failed to deliver a Six Nation’s title. Johnno was bizarrely relieved of his managerial duties in 2011 a few short months after he had delivered the most coveted title in international rugby and England had been narrowly eliminated by France in the quarter final of the World Cup - a French side who subsequently lost out 9-8 to New Zealand in a final which the IRB essentially wouldn’t allow New Zealand to lose.

Team has been announced for Sunday. Just the one enforced change from the France match, Jordi Murphy in for the injured Jamie Heaslip.

Ireland team to face England: R Kearney, T Bowe, J Payne, R Henshaw, S Zebo; J Sexton, C Murray; J McGrath, R Best, M Ross; D Toner, P O’Connell (capt); P O’Mahony, S O’Brien, J Murphy.

Replacements: S Cronin, C Healy, M Moore, I Henderson, T O’Donnell, E Reddan, I Madigan, F Jones.

I can’t decide if Jodri is worse than Jordi.

Optics. One was the heroic captain expected to come in and roll back to the glory years straight away, the other the nerd nobody knew about coming in with lots of bullshit bingo about rebuilding English rugby.

Johnson was pitied by the players as a coach, a simple yokel who was tolerated due to his legacy as a player. I’m surprised at Manuel here.

Johnno delivered a Championship title in 2011 - England’s only win since Johnno captained them to the Grand Slam in 2003.

Judgement should be reserved on Lancaster until such time as he starts to deliver silverware.

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 1099013, member: 377”]Johnno delivered a Championship title in 2011 - England’s only win since Johnno captained them to the Grand Slam in 2003.

Judgement should be reserved on Lancaster until such time as he starts to deliver silverware.[/QUOTE]
He delivered nothing. A figurehead who was a laughing stock at that point. You’re embarrassing yourself now.

The man you are calling a laughing stock is one of the greatest figures in the history of rugby, a colossus of the game - captain of a Grand Slam winning side, captain of a World Cup winning side, captain of a British Lions series winning side in South Africa, captain of a Leicester team who were the first side to retain the European Cup and coach of an England championship winning side. Johnno has delivered in spades.

You’re the one embarrassing yourself.

Have England named their XV yet.

Yes, two changes from the Italy game. Alex Goode in for the injured Mike Brown and Jack Nowell replaces Jonny May.

England: A Goode ; A Watson, J Joseph, L Burrell, J Nowell ; G Ford, B Youngs; J Marler, D Hartley, D Cole; D Attwood, G Kruis; J Haskell, C Robshaw (captain), B Vunipola.

Replacements: T Youngs, M Vunipola, H Thomas, N Easter, T Croft, R Wigglesworth, D Cipriani, B Twelvetrees.

Dylan Harrtley is one of the few sportsmen who can instil fear with just a look.

Tremendous effort from Italy to secure a crucial away win. With two home games left, that keeps alive their outside chance of winning the Championship.

Two away wins today. Only twice in the 77 completed weekends of Six Nations rugby since Italy’s admission in 2000, have all 3 fixtures resulted in away wins.

Should have gone for a try there surely?

I’ve been watching ten minutes of this and It’s atrocious shit. Crash, wallop and boot it up into air and repeat and repeat and repeat.

Surely you should switch it off and stop annoying yourself so.

No. I take great joy in seeing how shite the game is and I also desperately want England to win.