Six Nations Rugby Championship 2020 - The Greatest Marketing Show in Town

I was merely pointing out how the rules of the competition work to @farmerinthecity.

He knew how they worked. Can you read?

You evidently struggle with reading. You posted some comment about me defending the losing bonus point rule, when I didn’t make any comment on it, good, bad or indifferent.

Did you not read the small print when you signed up to be a rugby man ?

“Winning” champions league and other association football ties with 1-1 ties on away goals.

Lolz

2 Likes

That’s a serious clamping for the scummy soccer crew.

At least you are not incentivised in football to go for anything other than the best outcome.

1 Like

The away goals rule is a stupid rule.

If you draw 1–1 away from home first leg in the European Cup, are the home team not incentivised to go for a 0-0 draw in the 2nd leg?

No. 1-0, 2-0 etc is an even better result.

I would have thought that was blindingly obvious.

1 Like

Dan is very insecure

2 Likes

The only thing that matters is getting through.

Similarly in association football you can progress through a group without winning a game.

But the team isn’t trying to not win a game.

This is test rugby, the Championship, the oldest international tournament since 1883. Nobody is going out trying not to win. This is not soccer where you play for penalties or a draw and advancement on the away goal rules.

1 Like

Wrong.

It often happens in association football that the home team from the first leg will go into the second leg 1-0 up. Once they get an away goal in the second leg, they are happy out as long as they don’t concede 3. So teams will he delighted to lose the game 2-1 and go through.

You don’t seem to know your sport of choice too well.

Ha! Good man.

But at all times the football is incentivised to go for more goals as it gets them further away from the opposition.

Today in rugby there was a situation where the team was not incentivised to do their best - they turned down a converted try to simply take a penalty and remained in the same position.

This has nothing to do with rugby versus football - it has to do with the ridiculous rule the losing bonus point is. And given by you and your mate Dan’s barbed comments against me, it is something you know deep down.

7 Likes

It’s also not a two legged game where there are aggregate scores.

The bonus point is a rule that acknowledged rugby can be a bit boring.

They should look at six points for a try

1 Like

A winning bonus point is ok - maybe.

But a losing one flies in the face of competitive sport.

Incorrect.

You are incentivised to sit back and protect a lead in the tie overall, created by away goals. Teams will happily sit on a 2-1 loss in a game in the instance I’ve given you.

This impacts association football all the time.

You clearly don’t know your sport of choice very well. It’s always funny when football heads go on about other sports having different rules and concepts. Your thinking is very narrow and insular.

Once again the narrow soccer head thinking comes out. We know you grew up watching it, but other sports have different concepts.