Smoking

Giving up the Rothmans meself for lent. Been 20 a day for ten years or so. I expect giving up smokes will be a doddle.

I’ve never smoked a fag. Shot a few pikeys though.

been off them two years this month, can’t see myself ever having one again. work in an office with bout 45 peole, suprisingly not one smoker !

Smoke anything except gear.

Smoke a yoke see how ya get on

UK is the first country in the E.U. to introduce the new photo health warnings on cigarette packages, not nice to look at to be honest!!

That’s foul. See how the lungs on the left look a sickly white. How someone would do that to their body is beyond me.

That’s fooking disgusting, can’t see it having much of an impact.

I don’t know about that Sledge, I honestly found it hard to enjoy my 10 Camel Filters when every time I lit up I had to look at that photo of what is going to become of my lungs. When these warnings come to Ireland it might give me the final kick up the arse to entice me to give up.

The thing is though the Government will do more to scare people about the effects of smoking rather than actually help people to give up. We all know that “Smoking Kills” or that it “Causes Heart Attacks”, every time we buy a pack of fags we get reminded, but the only times we get reminded to actually give them up is in January (New Years Resolution) or February (Lent), and this is usually through private company advertising like Nicorette.

There should be websites and phone numbers printed on packs of cigarettes with help on giving them up instead of the same aul warnings we’ve all heard before. Of course the Governments will never do this as a small percentage of punters dying from cancer is better than less money coming in through the coffers through cig duty. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t feel any guilt from smoking and I won’t entertain anybody who gives out to me for doing it.

If they wanted to really disgust us off our ciggys they could always just put a picture of beverly cooper flynn on the box or something. or maybe wayne rooney

[quote=“BenShermin”]I don’t know about that Sledge, I honestly found it hard to enjoy my 10 Camel Filters when every time I lit up I had to look at that photo of what is going to become of my lungs. When these warnings come to Ireland it might give me the final kick up the arse to entice me to give up.

The thing is though the Government will do more to scare people about the effects of smoking rather than actually help people to give up. We all know that “Smoking Kills” or that it “Causes Heart Attacks”, every time we buy a pack of fags we get reminded, but the only times we get reminded to actually give them up is in January (New Years Resolution) or February (Lent), and this is usually through private company advertising like Nicorette.

There should be websites and phone numbers printed on packs of cigarettes with help on giving them up instead of the same aul warnings we’ve all heard before. Of course the Governments will never do this as a small percentage of punters dying from cancer is better than less money coming in through the coffers through cig duty. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t feel any guilt from smoking and I won’t entertain anybody who gives out to me for doing it.[/quote]

You’re complaining about not getting government assistance to give up fags yet you enjoy smoking them and don’t want anybody to remind you it can kill you. What utter drivel. Idiot.

Jog on you moron.

Fags are rotten and us smokers are idiots.
The cost/damage of the product for the given high is poor compared to other substances. The Dutch have the best idea, ban tobacco from the joints and sort the men from the chaps in one go.

I propose putting nicotine into less harmful products.
Nicotine laced apples, oranges, bananas ect would sure get the kids eating their five a day.

Speaking of jogging, should you not be spending your days on the treadmill to try and avoid having to pay for 2 seats on the trip to Houston?

I hear there’ll be a few spare seats due to the unfortunate demise of some bog trotter fooks so I’ve no worries there.

they should be 20 per pack, filthy fucking habit

Nah, smoking is the bollocks, nothing like it.

Smokers stay slim Jugs, did you ever see a fat Parisian?

Ben you racist!

Dirty Ballyer racist coont

4 days off cigarettes. Fuck!