Soccer Tactics Thread

& will turn fans off football

What year did Ballack dominate him NCC?

what am I fookin wikipedia- google it

I don’t need to, I know -
Utd played Leverkusen in the Semi-Final of 2001/02 Champions League.
Keane had been out injured for 3 weeks with a hamstring injury for the first leg at Old Trafford and only came on for the last ten minutes when the score was 2-2. Maybe Ballack had him in his pocket for those 10 minutes?
In the second leg Keane started and put Utd ahead and Utd dominated most of the game, Leverkusen equalising just before half time. Keane was in a midfield with Veron & Butt in that match and was immense, maybe there was another tie you were thinking of?

touchy NCC, touchy

[quote=“Mullach Ide”]I don’t need to, I know -
Utd played Leverkusen in the Semi-Final of 2001/02 Champions League.
Keane had been out injured for 3 weeks with a hamstring injury for the first leg at Old Trafford and only came on for the last ten minutes when the score was 2-2. Maybe Ballack had him in his pocket for those 10 minutes?
In the second leg Keane started and put Utd ahead and Utd dominated most of the game, Leverkusen equalising just before half time. Keane was in a midfield with Veron & Butt in that match and was immense, maybe there was another tie you were thinking of?[/quote]

thats the one alright- ballack led keane on a merry dance- he led a poor enough team to victory over utd & keane & all the superstars were found badly wanting - in the final however a true great midfielder showed how to win games

surely touch NCC, touch?

Except Keane

especially the water carrier keane

nope, i meant touchy as in grumpy

The same one Keane pissed all over in Turin a couple of years before?

one game when zidane was carrying a thigh injury but yes the same one that pissed on keane on many more occasions

one good game doesnt make up for all the bad ones - ill rattle off a list of players who got the better of keane in big games- he never did it against the germans for example
sammer
moller
effenberg
ballack
zidane
redondo

shall i go on?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]the same one that pissed on keane on many more occasions

one good game doesnt make up for all the bad ones - ill rattle off a list of players who got the better of keane in big games- he never did it against the germans for example
sammer
moller
effenberg
ballack
zidane
redondo

shall i go on?[/quote]

Just because you say it it so doesn’t make it so - I could easily say Keane did it against all those players.
No point in naming those players without putting your point into context.

[quote=“Mullach Ide”]Just because you say it it so doesn’t make it so - I could easily say Keane did it against all those players.
No point in naming those players without putting your point into context.[/quote]

redondo destoryed the watercarrier at old trafford- he bossed him- all those players could match keanes dig & once that happened their technical ability got the better of him

in the grand scheme of things in english football keane is probably better than batty but wouldnt be close to a Souness

[quote=“north county corncrake”]redondo destoryed the watercarrier at old trafford- he bossed him- all those players could match keanes dig & once that happened their technical ability got the better of him

in the grand scheme of things in english football keane is probably better than batty but wouldnt be close to a Souness[/quote]

There is no doubt that Redondo took Keane to the cleaners that night, as for the others? Keane could hold his own against the best.

his numerous losses in the latter stages of the champions league suggest he was far from the best- the best are winners- keane quite frankly wasnt a winner - a good honest pro but didnt have the quality of a zidane,effenberg redondo etc -

a poor mans graeme souness if you may

[quote=“north county corncrake”]his numerous losses in the latter stages of the champions league suggest he was far from the best- the best are winners- keane quite frankly wasnt a winner - a good honest pro but didnt have the quality of a zidane,effenberg redondo etc -

a poor mans graeme souness if you may[/quote]

Take Effenberg out of that sentence if you want to keep any credibility.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]his numerous losses in the latter stages of the champions league suggest he was far from the best- the best are winners- keane quite frankly wasnt a winner - a good honest pro but didnt have the quality of a zidane,effenberg redondo etc -

a poor mans graeme souness if you may[/quote]

By your logic, Zidane wasn’t really a winner in club football - one Champions League in 14 European campaigns isn’t a great return is it?

zidane isnt a great player now? dear God man, you are losing the run of yourself

what kind of mong writes off world cup & european championship successes

[quote=“north county corncrake”]zidane isnt a great player now? dear God man, you are losing the run of yourself

what kind of mong writes off world cup & european championship successes[/quote]

I was using your logic, fool.