Soccer Trips

Couldnt find any earlier topic on this here. Getting itchy feet.

First thing, is it easy to get hold of Real Madrid tickets??

Anyone been to a Bayern Munich game, AC Milan game or any other game worth talking about in Europe

Groupon have a deal up at the minute, tickets and hotel to barca or Madrid game for 92euro.

if its a soccer trip you after then head to America…if its a football trip then any of the above would be good places to go to… :wink:

I was looking into this a couple of weeks back. I believe the procedure is that Ticketmaster Spain and the filth’s own website sell them from 8am Irish time the Monday morning before a home game.

The groupon deal is sold out and the €92 was for one specific game.

Real Madrid are at home next weekend to Zaragoza at 8pm

Dublin to Madrid on Saturday €49.99 incl taxes. Depart 13.50 Arrive 17.40

Two Legged Return:
Madrid to Santander on Sunday €34.09 incl taxes. Depart 06.30 Arrive 07.40
Santander to Dublin on Sunday €64.23 incl taxes. Depart 13.05 Arrive 14.05

Direct Return:
Madrid direct to Dublin was €202.01 incl taxes. Depart 21.20 Arrive 23.05

I would advise you to skipthe dubious charms of Royal Madrid and instead, while you still can, take in a game at Valencia’s magnificent Mestalla Stadium which is slated for demolition in the near future, I think at the end of this season. It’s one of my favourite stadiums in the world and Valencia is a smashing city too, particularly around the time of the Fallas fesival the week up to March 19th.

Ticket arrangements I think are similar to the Royal Madrid procedure I outlined above but should be easier to get.

Roma is the way to go mate- best curva,most exciting team,nicest city etc etc etc

The only attractive fixture I can see on the horizon is the one between St Pauli and MSV Duisburg in Hamburg.

Always a good one when the zebras come to town.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 721751”]I would advise you to skipthe dubious charms of Royal Madrid and instead, while you still can, take in a game at Valencia’s magnificent Mestalla Stadium which is slated for demolition in the near future, I think at the end of this season. It’s one of my favourite stadiums in the world and Valencia is a smashing city too, particularly around the time of the Fallas fesival the week up to March 19th.

Ticket arrangements I think are similar to the Royal Madrid procedure I outlined above but should be easier to get.[/quote]

What about Barca tickets?

Head for one of the biggest derby matches in the world, Huddersfield Town v Leeds United. Lunchtime Saturday next week, or maybe the week after, can’t quite recall.

I went to see Barca last year. Got the tickets online handy enough

balbec: Barca tickets are generally the same procedure again as for Valencia and Madrid. Thez operate a sliding price scale based on the prestige of the opponents.

I think SLR has already been to the Camp Nou from reading a similar thread on the farmyard last year.

I would definitely recommend Valencia to anybody for this sort of trip though and the big two are still to visit in Jan/Feb.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 721758”]balbec: Barca tickets are generally the same procedure again as for Valencia and Madrid. Thez operate a sliding price scale based on the prestige of the opponents.

I think SLR has already been to the Camp Nou from reading a similar thread on the farmyard last year.

I would definitely recommend Valencia to anybody for this sort of trip though and the big two are still to visit in Jan/Feb.[/quote]

Thanks. Thinking of taking one of the kids in new year. Looked into barca website but did not look too user friendly. Is it possible to book now for (say) January?

I would look at ticketmaster.es when trying to book. From what Ive seen, Barca tickets are slightly easier to get, than Madrid, however if youre looking to book seats together you would be well advised to look for a match against unfashionablf opposition.

I think you have to wait till 10 days before the game or so to get tickets for Barca. Keep an eye on the site for when tickets go on general sale before games in general. The problem is the kick off time for the games isnt finalised till about 10 days beforehand and it can be on either the Saturday or Sunday night. There is loads of capacity in the Nou Camp so there is no problem getting them once they are on general sale. I found the site user friendly enough, but you might need to have the flights booked earlier than the tickets so pick a game that is not as high profile to ensure you wont be left without tickets when the time comes.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 721760”]I would look at ticketmaster.es when trying to book. From what Ive seen, Barca tickets are slightly easier to get, than Madrid, however if youre looking to book seats together you would be well advised to look for a match against unfashionablf opposition.
.[/quote]

Was thinking of Osasuna in mid Jan

The Real Madrid tickets for next Saturday night are going on sale tomorrow morning. Doesnt leave much of a window to be honest.

go to the airport in the morning and fly to london, then fly el al to tel aviv.

tomorrow night at 9-30pm (GMT+2)) Beitar Jerusalem are playing Hapoel Tel Aviv in tedi stadium in west jersualem.
the game is sold out and you have to prove you are either a resident of either city or a season ticket holder to buy a ticket for whichever end takes your fancy, but tickets will be available outside… Violence, racism and high jinx against players from minority groups is 100% guaranteed and it promises to be a damn good game as well.
this games symbolises everything that is wrong with the country, Beitar, the team of the Likud, Ariel Sharon, Menachem Begin et al whose fircely right wing support base consisting only of Sepharadim ( north african, yemen, arabian) jews will be taking on Hapoel Tel Aviv, Hapoel like all Hapoel clubs is the standard bearer of the Israeli left ( with a slight tolerance to arabs), the support base is only derived from Ashkenazim ( european jews) with strong links to the histradut and kibbutz movement, that is the israeli version of SIPTU.

Bad feeling runs deep here and is derived from the sense of victimhood that european jews have from the holocaust ( think Liverpool and Hillsboro) and hence they have this greater sense of entitlement than others who reside here who did not endure what they did, their north african counterparts still by and large have a poorer standard of living and have serious obstacles placed in front of them by the ashkenazim system… however they do produce a higher standard of woman .

Beitar do not sign arab players, Hapoel have 2, Saleem Toama and Walid Badir, the abuse directed at Toama tomorrow night will be astounding i would imagine, this is the guy who Beitar capatin Amit Ben shushan famously sang about his impending death in front of 50,000 people after winning the cup against haifa in 2009 when Toama was at standard liege at the time. Toama is a horrible peice of work and thrives on this, tomorro night will be no different

on to the game, hapoel are the second best team in the country right now behind moneybags maccabi TA, they suffered a bad setback being beaten at home by viktoria plzen in the uefa cup the other night but should have too much class for a bankrupt Beitar who have won only 1 out of 7 games… Hapoel have Toama, the highly rated Omar Domari, eliroie cohen, toto tamuz and the peculiar eric djemba djemba who has really being doing well since he got here from denmark

ill be thinking along the lines of 2-0 HTA … i hope im wrong tho

Does anyone here know how much of the Bernabeu is covered?