Soccer Trips

Grand job and all that but I have boxes to tick.

Have been to Old Trafford, St James Park, Emirates, Anfield, Reebok, Upton Park, and the Ethiad not forgetting Wembley

White Hart Lane, Craven Cottage, Goodison, Villa Park and Sunderland are on the agenda

Opted for Spurs vs Swansea in December.

Would also consider Sweden vs Ireland in Stockholm. Which Stockholm airport is the closest in proximity to the stadium??

What did that set ye back SLR

Very little. Flight was €40 from Shannon for a Daytrip meaning that there is no overnight stay. Swansea are Category 3 surprisingly enough given the quality of football they play. Match ticket was £47 sterling and is on the half way line under cover. A return train from Stansted and a bit of a feed are the only other expenses.

A match in Croke Park or the Aviva would actually cost more to attend.

Ryanair fly to two destinations

Stockholm Vasteras Airport which is 1 hour 9 minutes (94.4km) away from the Friends Arena in Stockholm
Stockholm Skavsta Airport which is 1 hour 22 minutes (110km) away from the Friends Arena in Stockholm

Aer Lingus fly to Stockholm Arlanda Airport and that is only 38.8km (30 mins) away from the Friends Arena in Stockholm

Stockholm Bromma Airport is the closest of the lot and is 13 minutes (6.7km) away

Any Rail Links???

Stockholm must be some size if its 60 miles from stockholm airport to the friends arena in stockholm

A classic case of Ryanair aint it. I am surprised that they dont call Cork Airport some name like Dublin South!!!

How the fuck do ye get into stockholm without costing an arm and a leg is there a train?

SLR,

You might want to have a read through this thread

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/sweden-away-stockholm-march-22nd-2013_topic38219.html

A lot of Ultras posting on that topic

Strange as it may seem, but the www.abbeytravel.ie daytrip price for a day trip seems to be the cheapest even though its quite expensive at €425 plus tax plus the cost of a match ticket. Id get three or four trips to premiership games or a week in the sun for that. Lets be honest here, Sweden have hammered home goals against Germany and England. Cant see Ireland holding them out either. A lot of cash to witness a 4-0 loss.

The game in Stockholm was always going to be expensive given that Sweden itself is so expensive.

I reckon the Austria game in Vienna could be a good one to go to. Heaps of options with flights if you are prepared to fly into a city a few hours away.

Ireland could be out of the reckoning for qualification by then though.

Think of all the swedish pussy that will be floatin about lad,ye wont get that round swansea

Am half debating doing the Vienna trip. Can get fairly cheap flights via Brussels.

A few of us thinking of it also Chewy. Might even try get that cunt CM to join us also.

We won’t be crashing as early this time!

Villa Park in Birmingham? Loads

How many times you been to the bigotdome at Parkhead?

I can think of better boxes to tick than a trip to Sunderland. The side that plays the worst football in the league and a city regularly voted the worst in the UK. Crystal Palace have a good team at the moment with a lot of young players destined for greater things. Get in a trip to Selhurst Park in your London sojourn. Craven Cottage is a great spot and tickets usually handy to come by there.

Ya I will be doing Craven Cottage. The best game to attend at Sunderland would be the Newcastle game.

My ambition is to tick the boxes of the main Premiership teams. Craven Cottage, Goodison, Villa Park and Stamford Bridge are on the agenda.

I haven’t booked anything yet but am thinking of getting a train from Copenhagen. From even further afield, a train from Hamburg to Stockholm can be got for as little as €45. It goes onto the ferry at one point. I’m prepared to stay in a hostel in Stockholm.

Train travel is grand anyway. The day of the Heineken Cup final in 2009 I got the train from Birmingham to Edinburgh.Id say twas 4 hours but it didnt seem like that. I presume there would also be a train service from Oslo

anyone any experience of getting tickets for Bayern Munich games at the Allianz arena? Their website has them sold out, but there are a load of websites with tickets for sale at pretty high prices. Not playing a top team either so wouldnt be a huge demand on them I’d have thought.