Social Media Outrage Log Thread

Are 2FM giving it away?

https://x.com/TimJDillon/status/1795814386336235770?t=6i4RIqMyvQnvpmdz2ojFSQ&s=19

:grinning:

https://twitter.com/ConorOd27121808/status/1795238650633986446

Conor is not equating the 2 incidents. But the loolahs on Twitter don’t recognise that.

Hadn’t really bothered looking at this before.

The Dublin lad was asking for it. Burke barely changed his feet.

Not like he blindsided him.

Play on.

If Conor is equating the two incidents that would make him a loolah on Twitter.

Whiteley had to commit to passing the ball which meant he was prone and Burke took him out. That’s an effective blind side hit.

Nevertheless I do applaud Conor for setting up a Twitter account exclusively dedicated to highlighting throwing in hurling.

I hope Conor is the former Tipperary player of that name.

I think it is the same Conor.

The Dub is running straight at the Galway goal and isn’t looking where he’s going.

That’s not Burke’s problem. It’s not like he turned into him.

Burke braces himself and that’s about it.

Sets another precedent for a lad drawing a red card from a ref eager to please.

Very different to the Wexford incident which despite @Gman’s balanced view was a red all day long.

Oh my I left out the word ‘not’.

The internet has caught me out.

I think he’s not equating the two incidents. He considers the alleged “throw” to be more serious than the potential jaw breaker of a tackle.

Burke’s tackle was pretty much the same scenario as John Small’s on Eoghan McLaughlin. He was entitled to go for the hit. Any mistiming of it, he could have no complaints with the red card. These are high risk tackles, not just for the person on the wrong end but for the person making it.

1:53:14 here is my favourite example of a good, clean, jaw (or in this case skull) breaking late hit on a prone player. Ciaran McManus was a tough boyo though and wasn’t going to let a potentially fatal tackle put him off.

1 Like

McManus was and probably still is a freak.

Made of steel with massive lungs.

1 Like

Think he won an intermediate championship with his club only a few years ago . He had some engine

Was still playing Senior B last year I think. He came out of nowhere to pip me on the line at a recent 5k

I love a good shoulder but he literally shouldered him in the chest, he was never hitting his shoulder. I actually can’t understand why there has been any debate at all.

Man on the run and he stepped in with his shoulder into his chest, it’s a clear red card. One of the Dalos reckoned he was trying to hold him up. You don’t pull in your arm and brace your shoulder to hold someone up. He went to nail him, he nailed him. He got sent off. End of

7 Likes

That compromise rules was awful shite.

We should bring it back

Irish people should have nothing to do with that putrid Aussie Rules…….a game so bad, they award you a point for kicking the ball wide.

2 Likes

It’s quite popular in Mayo.

3 Likes

Blowhards getting OUTRAGED at a caricature of a racist family in a school textbook.

Don’t ridicule racists! That’s racist!

Its a bit over the top the reaction to it all, but I think the way it was done was foolish. Trying to portray those with traditional Irish values as backwards and intolerant. If it was done as a parody to mock Irish in a comedic fashion, you might smile and laugh it off. But it was in a text book to try engage in some discussion I suppose about inclusivity and opening doors to other ways. It was a stupid graphic and text. People can be proud of their heritage and customs, whilst also being able to enjoy new things. It was a very clumsy and haphazard way of trying to get a point across, and there surely are better ways to try make the point or try educate children.

5 Likes

It was a mocking caricature of people who reject anything which isn’t Irish. I’m not sure why people are outraged by that.

If there was a British textbook which mocked people who reject anything which isn’t British, the same people now feigning outrage would be laughing.