Social Networking Sites

Thinly veiled “Accountants are clannish and are unable to interact outside their own normal cosy environment”

:thumbsup:

200 trained chimps.

200 trained chimps.[/quote]

Look, I’m going to tell Ralph on you. :mad:

[quote=“myboyblue”]Yea, I think Runt and Bandage may have hit it on the nail here.

Btw Bandage, what party piece did you perform or was that going on during your time on induction?[/quote]

The vibe I got from you was that you completely avoided hanging out with work colleagues because they are work colleagues. I don’t see why you would do that.

My career followed much of the same path as Bandage’s in that I made many good mates in my initial place of employment and, truth be known, haven’t made much effort to make new mates since. That combined with neither place I have worked since being much craic.

But I would never say that I have enough mates.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]The vibe I got from you was that you completely avoided hanging out with work colleagues because they are work colleagues. I don’t see why you would do that.

My career followed much of the same path as Bandage’s in that I made many good mates in my initial place of employment and, truth be known, haven’t made much effort to make new mates since. That combined with neither place I have worked since being much craic.

But I would never say that I have enough mates.[/quote]

See my post. I’ve explained why this is so.

Thinly veiled, ‘won’t somebody please befriend me?’ post by Farmer here.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]The vibe I got from you was that you completely avoided hanging out with work colleagues because they are work colleagues. I don’t see why you would do that.
[/quote]

I think its been proven to be quite clear that you got the wrong vibe.

You get to a certain age in ones life when you just couldnt be arsed making new friends, well I have anyway.

[quote=“myboyblue”]I think its been proven to be quite clear that you got the wrong vibe.

You get to a certain age in ones life when you just couldnt be arsed making new friends, well I have anyway.[/quote]

In this country it’s always worth making new friends, I find. I got something done for my brother-in-law recently relating to a business he was starting by getting on to an ex-colleague whose mum worked in the relevant department.

Exactly. Its so small its never worth falling out unless your getting completely fucked over in some way.

Might not be so bad in Dublin, but Cork is basically a town, and if you fall out with someone or fuck someone with work you will really suffer. The more “friends” the better.

You’ll always have your real seperate friends, back home or from college or whatever.

But that person wouldnt be a friend, they’d be an acquainteance surely? Or would you be close to that person?

Personally I just couldn’t be bothered trying to make new friends, simple as that really.

Definitely. In a similar vein, I must thank you for setting me up with that Czech ballerina last weekend. Helena was a delight.

[quote=“myboyblue”]But that person wouldnt be a friend, they’d be an acquainteance surely? Or would you be close to that person?

Personally I just couldn’t be bothered trying to make new friends, simple as that really.[/quote]

They’d be a friend who I see every few months or so, to catch up with.
I was recently on to a lad from school who’s a letting agent about renting a gaff. He was going to sort me out by giving me first refusal and knocking 150 off the asking price. I’m sure everyone has had a ton of these type of experiences where you think jaysis it’s handy knowing people. It doesn’t take much effort so it’s well worth it, I think.

[quote=“Thrawneen”]They’d be a friend who I see every few months or so, to catch up with.
I was recently on to a lad from school who’s a letting agent about renting a gaff. He was going to sort me out by giving me first refusal and knocking 150 off the asking price. I’m sure everyone has had a ton of these type of experiences where you think jaysis it’s handy knowing people. It doesn’t take much effort so it’s well worth it, I think.[/quote]

You think right IMO.

[quote=“Thrawneen”]They’d be a friend who I see every few months or so, to catch up with.
I was recently on to a lad from school who’s a letting agent about renting a gaff. He was going to sort me out by giving me first refusal and knocking 150 off the asking price. I’m sure everyone has had a ton of these type of experiences where you think jaysis it’s handy knowing people. It doesn’t take much effort so it’s well worth it, I think.[/quote]

Aye, I have those sort of friends, yes, all made years ago. Surely there’s an age though where you felt you didnt want any more friends?

Not for me anyway. Why rule out somebody just because you only met them in say your 30’s?

To me its madness. i’m even getting friendly now with guys in the GAA club i’d barely have spoke to before. Not for any reason, they were either older or younger, but now i find myself playing with them or they may be a fellow selector or coach or something. Finding out i’ve alot in common with some of them.

If you have more than 15 lads you consider good friends then you actually dont have any good friends

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Not for me anyway. Why rule out somebody just because you only met them in say your 30’s?

To me its madness. i’m even getting friendly now with guys in the GAA club i’d barely have spoke to before. Not for any reason, they were either older or younger, but now i find myself playing with them or they may be a fellow selector or coach or something. Finding out i’ve alot in common with some of them.[/quote]

But these aren’t what I’d call good friends? These people are acquainteances, more so than good friends surely? People I would deem good friends are those that would bury a body with me, not some random fella I might not speak to for weeks or months on end.

EDIT Julio Geordio knows the score.

Not at all. I’d find it more difficult not to make new friends these days with the amount of new people you’d come into contact with. Also, I’ve had good friends fuck off to Canada, USA, London etc. or get married recently.

I think the crux of the issue here is the definition of the word “friend”.

Let’s get that nailed down before we all start losing some internet friends here.

[quote=“briantinnion”]I think the crux of the issue here is the definition of the word “friend”.

Let’s get that nailed down before we all start losing some internet friends here.[/quote]

A friend is someone who would jump into a fight for you even if all it meant was the two of ye would get the shit kicked out of ye.

A friend will know in one sentence how to piss you off.