Social Networking Sites

Jesus!

The Mickey Rourke of INTERNET fora.

Prowling around since the 1990s

First posted on the old GAA board around 1999.

You’re as old as dial up fagan.

Drrrrrrrrrrdrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeedrrrrrrrrrr

I’m just watching some of this show now. Child abuse is marked as disturbing but not deleted. What the actual fuck?

Were you sid wallace, Fagan?

It is occasionally speculated that I was sid wallace, yes Sidney.

Should I start calling you “sid”? :grinning:

When did the hurling talk vanish from GAABoard?

I can still remember a small cabal of Tipperary posters posting 3,000 word treatises circa 2003 but not getting many replies.

Clarehurlers.com became the go to site for Hurling chat on the internet circa 2001/2002 and most of the hurling set and the Limerick crew migrated over to CH.com then. That left GAAboard as a primarily football/Ulster football domain then.

Arrigle pitched up on CH.com at the end of 02/beginning of 03 and he was a magnet for Hurling internetters both benign and malevolent and that cemented CH.com as the premier hurling website.

1 Like

They don’t make posts like this anymore.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~hjmartin/A%20few%20unrandom%20thoughts%20about%20begrudgery1%20-%20ClareHurlers_com.htm

1 Like

No. The cunts couldn’t keep it pucked out to him.

Pucked

1 Like

That’s from 2003 and buried in the post is this

(c ) Kinvara’s Passion – who I hope will post more, after his travels, since he’s always worth reading – thinks I strangely underestimated the Rebel threat. Well, to be honest, I’d write the exact same analysis again if Tardis-ed back before September 14th. If Cork couldn’t beat us on the day we played, as BKN pointed out, as badly as we’ve played in a long while, then it doesn’t seem to me I’ve much to regret. Only two and a half of our forwards played any

Little did he realise that those travels would end up in a hotel in Clondalkin

5 Likes

That’s some blast from the past… There was a few hours reading in that. :joy:

Clarehurlers was great crack around then alright. You spend the days flicking between afr and there and there were no tabs in browsers in those days. Hitting F5 constantly to see if some cunt replied. No likes, no awards… Tough times.

3 Likes

The totally uncontained seethe in the reply was reward enough. Lads nowasdays don’t know they’re born.

1 Like

AFR forum was tumbleweed central until ch was taken off air

1 Like

Where became of the poster David Trimble? He used to wind lads up no end.

Suicide