Social Networking Sites

Crossed my mind alright but if you can’t trust someone who buys peoples INTERNET passwords then who can you

He may as well work in A&L Goodbody

1 Like

@Copper_pipe, following yesterday’s discussion, my Spotify account was logged in from a few odd places and some cunt in Spain was using it this morning. Used the sign out everywhere facility and changed the password. Was this some sort of software swiping my password somehow and is more follow up needed?

Did you use the same password for anything else?

Yes. Or variations on it, an asterisk at the end here or there.

My best guess would be that your username and password appeared on a data breach somewhere.

Someone compiled a list of all the usernames and passwords, known as a combo list. A combo list contains a huge number (100k minimum) of emails and passwords in the format email:password.

Someone ran a combo list through a Spotify checker to see how many of that list were Spotify accounts. The good accounts were sold on the dark web as cracked accounts. So someone in Spain may have bought a cracked Spotify account and in this case it was yours.

3 Likes

That’s mad. Would it have been my username or email address that was swiped? If it was the email address then it and the same or similar passwords correspond to accounts for other things too so I’ll have to work back and change them. Why would anyone buy a cracked account? Spotify isn’t expensive, surely the owner is going to notice immediately and change the password? How much are you making from this?

@Copper_pipe is using your account well over a year and this is the first you’ve noticed

8 Likes

@Copper_pipe is Kaizer Soze.

No idea of knowing really.

I buy cracked Canadian DAZN accounts as it has a lot more content than the Irish version.

The owner would only really notice it if the lad who bought the account is playing music at the same time as you. Only one of ye can play music at any one time. If you play a song using the Spotify app on your phone, then open the Spotify app on PC you’ll see a message similar to the below. It wont let you play music on the phone and pc at the same time.

No comment.

:smile:

Happened me a couple of years back on Spotify.
The password was not changed and I noticed stuff which was not mine on the okay history.

Spotify was suggesting Spanish pop to me for a long time afterwards

How much would a cracked spotify account cost? Assume it is a one time only fee and once the password changes you are goosed. Would you really save all that much by using a cracked account

Cost of two good podcasts.

1 Like

Leverage.

Between 3 and 4 euro for a premium account with a 3 month warranty. If you have any issues within the 3 months you’ll get a replacement.

It may work for 6 months or 12 months. :man_shrugging:

offhand is there much of a market for it? I’d assume the person doing it would want to be selling a lot of accounts for a lot of different platforms to get volume. Would there not be a decent amount of admin involved as well?

Big market but its fairly competitive. Yeah you’d be selling a load of different accounts.

Not much admin really. 99% of the sellers use automated stores which do a good bit of the work. The sellers just need to keep the stores stocked really.

1 Like

Would a fella make a five figure sum out of it or would it be one of many other side hustles like drop shipping and other such stuff