Soft Knuts V Biddies Bitches

Galway V Clare, 7pm Saturday in Salthill.

Clare

• FB line and Goalie suspect based on Tipp game (Tipp being the yard stick in forward play in fairness)
  • Doubts about ability to last 70 minutes of intense hurling.
  • Honan not available???

Galway

• Poorly managed with no game plan.
  • Complete lack of confidence when the pressure is put on them.
  • Uncompetitive in the air and too slow to react to dirty breaking ball.

I think Galway will see quite a few changes in personnel from the Dublin game.

I’d start something like this…

Skehill

Moore Kavanagh Cullinane

Burke Horse Collins

Daly Smith

Coen Tannian Farragher

Gant JC Forde

What the fook is this shite?

Jog on… nothing too see here.

ah lea8e off him kp, hes still grieving for owen the splatman hart…

Galway to win this at a canter

Limited as he is, Smith may well start the next day KP(espicially if reports of Donnellan missing out are true) but doubt it will be at MF. Probably on the wing where Ryan was so anonymous the last day. Ideally a fully fit Tannion could slot seemlessly into Centre Forward but you just never fucking know with Iarlath. I’d say if Farragher is fit he’ll go back to midfield but I’d prefer him in the corner or if not 100% would be a good impact sub or alternative to call on if we’re having trouble from the placed ball again. I’d like to see Donal Barry given a shot at midfield alongside Burke who you’d have to hope just had a bad day at the office v Dublin as opposed to something more fundementally wrong. Daly tried the last day and could make the grade yet but Hynes still not convincing over 70mins and I think a midfielf of Burke and Barry is the way to go.
My team
Skehill
Joyce, Kav, Moore

Collins, Regan, Cullinane

Burke, Barry

Coen, Tan, Gant

Forde, Joe, Farragher/Harte

Joyce and Cullinane lucky to hold their starting berths after the last day but Im not sure if dropping everyone is the right way to go and I’d say it’s up front where the serious changes need to be made.You could argue that Joe is lucky to hold his spot but bad as he was against Dublin he was still out 2nd best forward on the day. Dropping Joe Canning is the great un-mentionable in Galway but due as much to the bankrupcy of much of his colleagues up front it will remain un mentioned for some time yet.

According to very reliable sources this is the Galway team that will face Clare on Saturday

skehill
cuilliane
kavanagh
moore
barry
tony og
collins
smith
burke
gantly
farragher
tannion
hayes
canning
keirns

Joyce, Daly, Ryan, Callinan all dropped. Donnellan out through injury, may well have been dropped regardless. Im assuming Kerins might closer to midfield. Farrahger comes in at CF while Cullinane moves into Damien Joyces position with Barry coming into the halfback line slot he excelled in last year. Kav and Collins switch back to their more accustomed position,it’s the correct thing to do but yet more evidence that Mcyntire hasn’t a fucking clue and is just making it up as he goes along. Hayes keeps his place despite looking some distance from being match fit the last day.

If ever there was a post that merited a banning it is this. Disgraceful comments.

The fallout from the Leinster SHC semi-final loss to Dublin sees John McIntyre replace a third of his side ahead of the must win All-Ireland Qualifier against Clare on Saturday.

The Tribesmen came in for heavy criticism for their display against Dublin two weeks ago, with their forward making little headway against Anthony Daly’s men.

With that in mind there are three alterations in the forward line with Ger Farragher, Iarla Tannian and Alan Kerins brought into the side. Cyril Donnellan, Eanna Ryan and Aonghus Callinan lose out.

Donal Barry is drafted in at wing back in place of Damien Joyce, while Andy Smith is the new face in midfield with Barry Daly dropping to the substitutes’ bench.

Galway (SHC v Clare) - James Skehill, Fergal Moore, Shane Kavanagh, David Collins, Donal Barry, Tony Og Regan, Adrian Cullinane, David Burke, Andy Smith, Joe Gantley, Ger Farragher, Iarla Tannian, Damien Hayes, Joe Canning, Alan Kerins.