Speed Cameras

You know what I mean. Try driving to Galway sticking at the speed limit. Nigh impossible.

Flano and Ben are arguing that city speed limits should be higher because country roads are where people get killed. You’re agreeing with them but arguing the opposite.

[COVERQUOTES=“ClarkeyCat”]Nigh impossible.[/COVERQUOTES]

[quote=“therock67”]Flano and Ben are arguing that city speed limits should be higher because country roads are where people get killed. You’re agreeing with them but arguing the opposite.

[COVERQUOTES=“ClarkeyCat”]Nigh impossible.[/COVERQUOTES][/quote]

Im half asleep tbh. Forget it. Buttmunch.

Most (if not all) of the drivers on this strech of road do 60 to 70KPH on this road at quiet times, for example I’ve never been in a taxi where the driver strictly obeyed the limit.

Most of the smart/safe drivers slow down aproaching lights or in bad weather conditions, idiots both break the limit and race towards the lights before they go red! Safe drivers go at proper safe speed (not always obeying the limit) and slow down when required.

By the way sorry for editing my last message too late.

AH speeding up to make lights is something I often do. As I said I never drive my car above a limit where I feel I’m a danger. My normal speed would be around the 50-60 km, the fastest Id go is around 80-90 km. And how about we talk about the morons that drive too slow, they’re more of a hazard than anything else.

Ben you are some retard. Do you seriously think that because there is far fewer deaths in the city (due to adequate speed limits) the limit should be increased? maybe until deaths are on a par with rural areas?
I agree certain roads in more rural areas have too high a limit for the type/width/windiness of road but that’s no reason to suggest city limits should be higher.
The fact that city roads are safer due to lower limits should be used as an example to the road safety authority/gardai/NRA to encourage them to reduce rural limits appropriately.
Bad drivers do contribute to a lot of deaths. Why? because they are allowed within the law to drive at speeds they can’t handle

I’ll stick by my point, certain areas in Dublin City are NOT built up and therefore should not have stupid 50KPH limits. Most of the people driving on these non built up roads safely maintain speeds of 60 to 70KPH outside peak hours and there are still few accidents!

Raising these areas limits to 60/70KPH would allow drivers to maintain safe speed and go somewhat to eliminate the road rage incidents against people that strictly obey a speed limit that is way too low.

Ben is right, he’s not a bogger.

I am fooking right, it’s drunk drivers and boy racers that cause city accidents, not safe drivers going 10KPH over a stupid speed limit!

Sick of all the rulebreakers. Stick to the limits or else.

I’ll throw my tuppence worth in here.

Firstly I don’t necessarily have an issue with speed limits. I generally keep to them but have been known to go over them. I wouldn’t do 50 miles/hour going through a town for instance but may do 85-90 miles/hour on the motorway. Ok technically I am breaking the law but I know the speeds that I can handle.

The issue is not abouyt that for me and it wasn’t the reason for me bringing it up. We are constantly hearing about how the guards are underresourced so why are they out trying to catch people on motorways (saw them twice over the last two weeks) and on safe roads with low speed limits? Sure these are noty the priority areas - as in accidents do not happen there. The reason they do it is because it is easy - they can bring up the level of pulls without having to do the dirty job of going out on Saturday nights down the country where the real accidents are happening.

[quote=“Jugs”]Ben you are some retard. Do you seriously think that because there is far fewer deaths in the city (due to adequate speed limits) the limit should be increased? maybe until deaths are on a par with rural areas?
I agree certain roads in more rural areas have too high a limit for the type/width/windiness of road but that’s no reason to suggest city limits should be higher.
The fact that city roads are safer due to lower limits should be used as an example to the road safety authority/gardai/NRA to encourage them to reduce rural limits appropriately.
Bad drivers do contribute to a lot of deaths. Why? because they are allowed within the law to drive at speeds they can’t handle[/quote]

Youre some retard Jugs - why dont we all just drive around at 10mph. That way thered be no road deaths. Better still lets revert to the donkey and cart.

People have places to go and want to get there fast. I regularly drive well over the speed limit, mostly on main roads but even in 50kmph areas Im comfortable doing 70kmph, and i havent been near an accident. Why? Because Im a decent driver.

How are those slippers working out for you Grandad? And youre ginger.

How much above the limit would you have to be going to be caught by one of those Gatso Vans?

I was doing between 55-60kmph this morning in a 50 zone, when I spotted it.

I’ve heard of people being caught for that alright, one person done 3 times in one day driving in and out of town not realising it was there and only doing about as much as yourself. You might get lucky though. Anything on your license at the moment?

Na, nothing.
It’s a spot I’m always wary going through, but it’s still hard enough to stick to the 50.

I’d say you’re grand. Happened to me a few times where I thought it was dodgy enough.

They say that your speedometer shows five to ten kph more than what you are actually doing anyway.

Lot of places like that around, they’re a right balls. I got caught there recently, stopped by a lady Garda, wasn’t much I could do but put the hands up. Wasn’t paying attention and she done me on the N7 sitting up on one of those lay-by’s, not like she wasn’t hard to see. Stuck it to the road but she had me from a long way out.

Ya, once you see em you’re goosed.
This van was nicely concealed across a passage way, with the camera facing back down the road, not a hope of seeing it until you were on it.

The time I was done for speeding I was actually relieved. Was done out near Blancharstown on a Sunday morning on the way home from Meath where I was at a party the night before.

A lad with a hand held camera got me. Thought it was a breathaliser as he approached me.

120 in a 100 zone on a dual carraigeway. They are gits of speed limits those.

+1. I was done around the same on the three lanes N7 at 11.00 at night, I mean if you cant open it up there where the fuck can you?

Ah fuck it, so be it.