Spicy food

Finally some sense.

Cheers mate.

1 Like

What did you have, out of interest?

Imagine, you had to explain that…there was a time when a jalapeño would have sent me packing but you build up a tolerance. I’d handle a vindaloo handy enough these days…

…in the UK/Ireland.

Have been eating nothing but Asian food - a lot of it spicy - and the only time I felt sick was when I ate oyster omelette. For whatever reason I react badly to cooked oysters.

The first time I had this dish…wasn’t pretty.

I love spice. Always have always will. After 4 years in China I was a jedi fucking master of it. Maybe it’s the age or the lack of practice (can’t feed the little ones uber spicy shit) but I find now I can no longer take the really spicy stuff anymore. It tears my guts out.

What did you have, pal?

Had a burrito last night. Serious dose of burrito belly this morning.
Well worth it. Flavour that spice gives is unreal. Only when done right though. Some spicy stuff just burns at the front with no flavour at the back.

Never mind the jalapeño. Try one of these bad boys. :slight_smile: These sort the men from the roasters. I love the mixed chilly packets you get in Aldi, a great selection.

[quote]=“ChocolateMice, post:27, topic:21257, full:true”]
What did you have, pal?
[/quote]

A hot Indian.

Also a very spicy Vindaloo.

I’m starting to go off burritos. Everyone I’ve had lately, the quality of meat is shocking. Cubed meat-it’s like fucking dog food. Is there anywhere in Dublin that does proper chicken or steak?

Go for barbacoa you ignoramus.

Do they do that in every burrito place?

The good ones do. Seriously, what do you expect from ordering steak in a burrito? Shredded beef or maybe pork is where it’s at. The barbacoa from Boojum is fucking unreal.

1 Like

The queue for that place at lunchtime is unreal.

It’s the best burrito place in Dublin by far.

1 Like

I had a Vindaloo Sunday evening. Handled it fairly well. Some mild dampness on the brow but was generally fine.
Also @farmerinthecity a nice cold beer is far superior to water for cooling you down when eating spicy food. In fact water is often said to be one of the worst things you could drink as all it does is transfer the heat around the body.

The Indians would have a yogurt based dessert/snack afterwards to dampen down the flames.

1 Like

If it doesn’t at least make you perspire across your forehead it isn’t hot enough.

1 Like

spot on about the water bro! not many people know this though.

Very knowledgeable as always, mate.

Can you inform me of the best place to buy red grapes in Dublin?