Spicy food

Where are you Burittoing? Boojum is the King of all Burittos. Burrittos & Blues is to be avoided like the plague.

1 Like

Remember the days we could just click a button to say that you found a post informative.

Anyway, informative rating.

1 Like

Sorry mate, I wouldn’t be overly familiar with the Dublin grape scene.
Back in 06 there was a lovely little fruit and veg shop on Wexford St, if it still exists I reckon you’d get good grapes there.

1 Like

Yeah the last couple of times has been Burritos & Blues, bud. It is fairly rank and I wont be back. Had Boojum for the first time about a month ago. Didn’t see what all the fuss was about to be honest. Maybe I just don’t like Mexican food as much as I think.

Incorrect mate. You definitely do.

That’s your problem mate, Blues is significantly shitter than the alternatives.

Little Ass on Dawson street is decent as well as is Pablo Picante though a bit hit and miss.

As an aside have we reached peak Burritto in Dublin. 3 places on Camden street alone :joy:

P.S. next time you are in Boojum ask for half and half Chicken & Chorizo. OMFG

Informative rating.

Is Little Ass the place a couple of doors up from Pink? Big queue outside there when I passed at lunchtime.

It’s on Dawson Street if that’s where pink is.

The Jalapeno was just used as a yard stick for when I was beginning… I usually lash extra hot piri piri on everything, I couldn’t live without some form of spice.

when I came to England as a roaster, a tikka masala was about as hot as I could go, it takes time to build up to it, now I’d regular have a vindaloo

I had a couple of vindaloos and didn’t care for them, didn’t think they were all that flavourful and thought they were rather bland.

I had a lovely lamb Garlic Chilli curry in Mem Saab last week, a real nice kick to it but some massive flavours too. Had the tandoori Ostrich for starters. Food was nice but was disappointed to see that they had beef on the menu

1 Like

I love an auld Jalafrezi, you can ask them to make it as hot as you want really, they are sound like that when they get to know you

1 Like

Depends on the place. A good vindaloo is gorgeous, really good flavour going along with the heat. In shit curry houses where they’re just catering to lads after a feed of lager they just fuck a load of hot chillies in and try to blow your arse off.

As opposed to regualr indian restaurants who just ignore your wishes is it?

they look at a white lad after a few pint and they give him the regular tack, no matter what, he wouldn’t know the difference

The Indians are a deeply complex and cultured people, pal.

Had a lovely Indian takeaway out of Bombay Pantry in Fairview there last night. Lovely mix of small dishes from the very hot and spicy to the mild and spicy. A very complex array of spiciness was on offer.

Lads I cannot recommend tadhka house highly enough. Think its in Rathgar but only ever got deliveries. Best Indian in Dublin. FACT