Sporting icons falling out

Fewer things sadden me more than when people who have given you great joy on the field of play fall out.

Obviously Roy Keane and Sir Alex Ferguson is one of the most famous examples.

Another would be Tyrones Mickey Harte and Sean Cavanagh.

There is no love lost between Davy Fitz and Ger Loughnane either but Davy is a cunt so maybe not the best example.

Any other examples of people you’d love to see friends again please document them below.

Both Roy Keane and Alex Ferguson are cunts so easy to see why they fell out

7 Likes

Arles in Laois

1 Like

Davy and anyone

1 Like

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor fell out

2 Likes

the whole houllier, cantona and ginola dynamic is great craic

I’d say Keane and McCarthy, but McCarthy is no icon.

Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole absolutely hated each other and never spoke a word to one another. They still did the biz for Utd when they played together

Lohan and Davy

Exactly and I’m not sure they’ve were every friendly.

Saipan.

Cody and Carter
John Lockes GAA club and John Power

Cole made his debut for England in a friendly in Wembley in 1995. He replaced Sheringham.

Teddy was annoyed to be substituted apparently and didn’t shake Cole’s hand as he came off.

And so it began.

Houllier basically threw Ginola under the bus for France not qualifying for the 1994 World Cup, even though Houllier was manager.

Don’t get me started on that guy.

Pretty shocking if Loughnane said that about the 2013 team. I can picture him saying it too.

It was more of a challenge to them at the time iirc, rather than slating them. That said he’d probably downgrade what they did now. Ger isn’t short of ego himself.

1 Like

Would his nose be put out that Davy had managed an All Ireland winning Clare side, i.e. someone other than him?

I have to say that I really like Davy. He is different from all others in that he has actually played and managed at a very high level - when you compare that to other ‘pundits’.

What happened here?

I like Davy too.

I think with Davy you have to accept that he is a frustrating character.

He has had lots of high profile failures but lots of successes too. Some people fail to give him the credit he deserves for his successes. If you’re going to point to his flaws and failures then it’s only fair to recognize his successes also.

1 Like