Sporting icons falling out

David Moyes and Wilfried Zaha
Peter Schmeichel and Roy Keane
John Hartson and Eyal Berkovic

1 Like

Phil Thompson and Graeme Souness despise each other. Did they both captain Liverpool to European Cup wins? They certainly played together in final wins anyway. Think they fell out when Souness was Liverpool manager and he replaced Thompson as reserve team manager.

1 Like

Tommy Smith and Emlyn Hughes really detested one another .

It’s a great picture

1 Like

Thommo was bad mouthing Souness and his methods after a reserve game to the Man Utd management team in the post match office drinks. Archie Knox mentioned it to Walter Smith who drove down to Liverpool to tell his former boss personally. Souness fired Thompson the next day.
Thommo’s resentment went back to Souness getting the captaincy off him afaik

1 Like
1 Like

I’m fairly sure even kimmage admitted if lance didn’t come out of retirement that time for the charity he probably wouldn’t have ever been caught.

Thompson is a bit of a prick, himself and Robbie Fowler didn’t get on either.

When Fowler was breaking through I think Thompson was over the reserves and acted like a cunt to any of the young lads coming through.

100%, if he had stuck with his 7 Tour wins he would still be a legend. But he got insulted when he saw the likes of Carlos Sastre winning the Tour and decided to come back. Pure ego.

Hard to imagine anyone falling out with Souness. He seems like a big cuddly Grandad, mad for a few kicks with the youngsters in the back garden.
Thompson has the head of a vindictive fucker alright.

1 Like

check out the armstrong lie. they ask armstrong that very question

Christie Brown had an awful falling out with his brother over a penalty in My Left Foot… Christie scored it and I think they made up afterwards.

1 Like

Thereby becoming the 1st and so far only Irishman to score and save a penalty in the same match.

1 Like

:clap:

A classic trivia question - scored a peno, saved a peno and his two brothers played in the same game.

3 Likes

Big Niall scored a goal and saved a penalty from Dean Saunders for Man City v Derby

You’ve ruined it now by quoting facts. The question needs mild tweaking, stick with 1st Irishman or add brothers also playing.

Quinner scored from open play so your fact still stands

1 Like

You could get lynched at a table quiz with it all the same.

A similar infuriating quiz question is who has played in goal for Manchester United and up front for Newcastle?

The Honey Monster