Sports return dates after Covid 19 shutdowns

And why should football get preferential treatment in terms of resources for behind closed doors matches - testing kits, medical people, police etc - ahead of hospitals and the sick and vulnerable?

Null and void the lot. Resume next season in August if safe to do so.

2 Likes

As I said before stranger things have happened than Liverpool losing all their remaining games and city winning all theirs.

2 Likes

Agreed. It would hurt Celtic but it’s the fairest thing to do across the board.

3 Likes

Its not like Liverpool don’t have form shitting the togs

1 Like

They were after losing to Atleti (twice), Watford and Chelsea in the weeks before it was halted.

They could have easily slipped up more, who knows.

1 Like

I have a funny feeling that voiding the EPL will quicken up the fizzling out of this virus.

2 Likes

Celtic are a great club, I’m sure they’d put the greater good of society ahead of their own self interests for one season only.

Surely there isn’t a club or fan base out there who’d want to put the health of people at risk ahead of winning a title…?

5 Likes

The only thing That’s disappointing about voiding the league is we won’t be able to antagonise Liverpool fans in the pubs

Yeah, 13 points clear with 8 games left but you can’t just assume they’d go on to win the league.

Two derbies still to play, Celtic have been on a brilliant run since January but law of averages indicates that wouldn’t last indefinitely and, on the other hand, Rangers would surely have snapped out of their bad run.

Nothing could be predicted with certainty and you can’t be assigning titles based on what might have happened without the full programme of games being played.

To be honest, the biggest victory for clubs this season would be to meaningfully support both their worldwide fan base and their local backers. Re-establishing and strengthening roots in local communities to ensure that vulnerable fans are assisted would be more valuable than any league victory.

2 Likes

Agreed, they’d still be CL Champions.

Same CL qualifiers from previous season sounds fair.

Are Celtic still furloughing staff?

I suppose you cannot eat your principles.

The only fair way to decide European positions is UEFA co efficients.

That and rangers will go bankrupt again so every cloud etc

Lads better get used to no sport until there is a vaccine.

I’d prefer rangers about. Keeps celtic aiming high… If its Aberdeen as the rivals celtic will just buy one of their players and keep them at distance… That’s not an option with rangers so celtic look further afield…

I think I’d feel better if the season was just cancelled too.

2 Likes

Looks like horse racing will be back next week because it’s a part of agriculture in France and not sport.

2 Likes

Ya getting dumped from Europe by Cluj and Copenhagen

1 Like

Fucking right they are