Sports return dates after Covid 19 shutdowns

Managers Would be hurting More than most financially from the ban. Of course they want to play without fans. Sport without fans isn’t sport at all.

1 Like

Its still better than no sport at all

No crowd and no TV. Broadcast them on the wireless. Would be a novel and great championship hanging off the words of Pauric Lodge and Marty Morrissey

How are players going to socially distance. It’s not a runner. Team sports are finished until there is a vaccine.

There might not be a vaccine, will all sports just stop forever then?

Probably not getting “expenses” now

A vaccine is what our minister of HEALTH has said is needed before pubs are open.

I think the season should be voided in the EPL personally. You wouldn’t play sports during a World War.

The French one is a strange one, though. It looks as if PSG will be awarded the title.

Another exclusive from our Daz

Uh oh, looks like the media wants to ban things

Be grand. Only a few hundred from new York coming

I think this is just one thing they forgot to cancel

1 Like

Paddy doesn’t want to upset the rich yanks

According to someone in events I was speaking to recently the Governments ban on 5,000 plus people at an event only applies to licensed events such as concerts etc

This should keep the usual suspects in a perpetual state of outrage for the day. The Italians, the Dubs, Nordies and now the yanks

What does that mean ?

Technically GAA, Soccer games etc can go ahead as they don’t require a licence from the government for each one. They won’t in reality obviously if the Government have a ban in.
But it’s causing a lot of trouble for people in events as technically conferences etc don’t have to be cancelled as they don’t require a licence and so insurance companies are trying to wriggle out and venues are saying they can keep deposits.

The same person works for a company involved in organising that American Football game and it is cancelled FWIW, although possibly not officially as they wait for the Government to properly ban it, unless something has changed in the last few days. Did Darren just see the tickets were on sale and go with it I wonder? It can’t be easy being a sports reporter these days. Especially a shit one

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like