Sportwashing

Howe is a company man to the last, even if the company are a shower of grotesque human rights abusers.

4 Likes

What a spectacle El Fashico is going to be.

1 Like

Coolmore were flirting with Russians a few years back, it was all over the RP, some oligarch gobshite boasting about how much money he had to invest

Cc

@carryharry @peddlerscross

3 Likes

“Suffer”

If it wasnt for the russian blood money chelsea properly would be a mid table clib with an occasional relegation. Mot 2 time European champions. Suffering thats gas.

I hope this chastens in their demise but to be fair they had a decent team just before Roman arrived too. Likes of Terry and Lampard were already there. Finished 4th above Liverpool in 2003. That then convinced Abramovich to invest.

Both their and Manchester City’s success feels a bit artificial.

“While Saudi Arabia were cutting off the heads of 81 prisoners, the football team they own, Newcastle, were keeping their heads at Stamford Bridge to move a step closer to Premier League safety.”

“As Ukrainian refugees sought shelter across Europe, Chelsea fans were left wondering if their players would be fleeing come the end of the season.”

1 Like

Brings backs memories of the Liverpool fans supporting a racist and booing a victim of racial abuse.

Football fans can be idiots.

3 Likes

You’d miss the old school of tyrannical football chairmen. Ken Bates, Deadly Doug, Peter Swales, Ron Noades, etc. The sort Jimmy Greaves would make jokes about being “my old mate”.

Martin Edwards father used run Manchester United from his butcher shop.

Im pretty sure @BruidheanChaorthainn told a story before about JP McManus’s house party at the Augusta masters a few years ago that was full of Russian’s and Arabs

2 Likes

A different sort of butcher runs English football clubs these days.

1 Like

Every sort of fucker was it. Ap and jp then on the tonic water.

2 Likes

Bernard tapie and Jesus Gil were the Johnny foreigner versions. Did Robert Maxwell own a club at one stage?

Its literally bottomless the money, these guys have somehow madw for themselves

He owned two? Derby and Oxford. Wasn’t there a big controversy when Dean Saunders left Oxford for Derby?

I have the article archived at home as it struck me as extremely weird at the time, i must dig it out. Surprised Magnier left himself open like that, what would those russian cunts know about racing?

Newcastle fans probably think “Yemen” is Geordie slang

2 Likes

If you could post that when youve a chance id appreciate it @Tassotti

I’d say you’d need a microfiche reader to access it in @Tassotti archive.

2 Likes