Spurs fans at it again

[FONT=verdana][SIZE=11px]Spurs fans attacked again[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=verdana][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=verdana]Tottenham Hotspur fans have been attacked in a bar in the French city of Lyon on the eve of their side’s Europa League tie.

Three supporters were taken to hospital after a group of men wearing balaclavas smashed the Smoking Dog Pub’s windows. Other fans were hurt by flying glass.

Lyon-based journalist Alexander Aucott said the windows were smashed with tables and chairs from another bar.

The Foreign Office later confirmed it was looking into reports of the attack.

It took place nearly 24 hours before the match, in the last-32 stage of the tournament.

Tottenham won the first-leg of the tie 2-1 at their White Hart Lane ground last Thursday.

Lit flare
Sports journalist Christian Radnedge, a Tottenham fan, who was in the bar - an English-style pub - told BBC Radio 5 live the men gave Nazi salutes before launching the attack.

He said he did not believe the men were Lyon fans.

Among other things, a lit flare is understood to have been thrown into the bar, which was filled with up to 150 fans, landlord Dave Eales, originally from Nottinghamshire, said.

“The front of the pub, which is made up of reinforced glass, was attacked by 20 to 25 people,” he said.

"They threw projectiles through the windows. There was a stand-off. They didn’t get into the bar. Then it calmed down.

"[But] then they came back a second time and it all started again. There were three injured Tottenham fans taken away by [U]ambulance[/U].

“One of them had a head injury. I’m not sure how bad it was.”

Rome attack
[U]Continue[/U] reading the main story

Start Quote

The front of the pub, which is made up of reinforced glass, was attacked by 20 to 25 people”

Dave Eales
Landlord, The Smoking Dog Pub
A club spokesman said a group of about 50 people had confronted fans.

“The situation was dealt with and arrests were made within the hour. Three fans sustained minor injuries and received prompt [U]medical assistance[/U],” he added.

“Spurs officials and stewards will be in the city throughout the day, along with matchday French police ahead of kick-off.”

In November, Tottenham fans were targeted in an attack in Roma - apparently with an anti-Semitic motive - ahead of the club’s match with Lazio.

“Rome was fresh in everyone’s minds,” said Mr Radnedge. "Everyone realised this was serious.

"They left and then we thought that was it, but five minutes later it started again.

“The intruders did not get into the bar because it was full of Spurs fans.”

Police in Lyon did not provide any details of the events at the bar when contacted by the BBC.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Going around singing ‘Yid Army’ - What do these cunts expect? It was probably Jews that led the attack, yid is an offensive term to the christ killers is it not?

Yid isnt an offensive term to people from Rome as far as i know CM, altho it did result them in provokinga riot against SS Nazio last year.
For Jews , i dont think Yid is offensive really as most of them hate the haredim who go around speaking yiddish anyway.
But clearly i would say the spurs fans are to blame here, Lyon is a quite city, if you go around flaunting the buthchers apron Art Foley-esque and chanting in a drunken fashion you are going to attract the attention from the locals… aparantly they were singing songs about the battle of trafalger or something

The Telegraph are reporting it as a pre-meditated anti Semitic attack the likes of which are up 58% in France apparently.

@ChairmanDan

England’s shame.

@ChairmanDan

2 Likes

He might have more on his mind than responding to your juvenile tags.

I haven’t read the article but I’m deeply embarrassed if that chap that pissed up against the wall is a supporter of the club that me and Dan decided to support when we were very small boys, I might look for a team that has no arseholes as supporters

2 Likes

Sweep sweep

1 Like

Sure mate, yourself and your pal carry on harassing Dan, I’m sure he has nothing better to be doing

Sweep seeep

1 Like

Pretend IRA man getting all upset about spurs fans defacing a tribute to London policeman. Jaysis your an enigma wrapped in a riddle. Not a geeks when your beloved eytealian fans batter someone then

The carkies circling the wagons

1 Like

They are terrified the English market is next

2 Likes

It’s like a klaxon sounded out.

1 Like

Yet another spurs fan relieving himself in public

A nothing club

England’s shame.

I’d say this is well down the list