Squareheads V Roasters 11/10/2015. Official Thread

It’s all down to this clash in Warsaw. A Summer of wine, women and song awaits the nation should we qualify…

At times like this we should recall lapsed poster’s @The_Dunph’s sabbatical, as he abandoned the old “down the fields there” in favour of extravaganzas of oven chips from, as he said himself “Lé chip”…

Fuck it, we’ll charge forward, bustling that Limerick hoor @balbec out of our way…

We are the boys in green…

11 Likes

Will Wilson or Coleman be fit? If Ward is out then Wilson would be the best option to play at left back, Brady was superb in his narrow midfield role last night and brings a level of vision and composure that’s not really there.

I’d go for the following provided injuries are clear:

---------------Randolph

Christie O’Shea Keogh Ward*

--------------McCarthy

-----Hendrick--------Brady

-------------Hoolahan

------Walters---------Slab

With Walters and Hoolahan funneling back into the wide spots when lose the ball. I really hope O’Neillr resists the temptation to bring Whelan back into the fold. Coleman and McClean would be very good options to spring from the bench.

I don’t think Glen Whelan is as bad as people make out - he’s a limited grafter but then so are most of the players we have available - but he shouldn’t be brought back in to the starting team for Sunday now after last night. McCarthy finally came of age in an Ireland shirt. God bless his Grandad.

If it’s still level after an hour and the Poles are getting edgy McClean and Long being sprung from the bench could get us over the line and create something.

Fuck it, even if we get beat we still have the playoff which we would have been delighted with all along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNnqpWouEbE

5 Likes

I actually think it would be wise to make two or three changes to the side for the Poland game, Physically, emotionally and mentality that will have been a draining game for Ireland, granted they will have a nice fill up and morale boost from the win but they expended a lot of energy last night. I’d bring in Coleman, Wilson & McClean or Meylor into the side for this game

Tough to drop Christie who has been brilliant in an Irish shirt so far and again last night. But Coleman will have to come in if he’s fit. Coleman to right midfield? Or alternatively can Christie play centre half?

Gilesy always says ye don’t feel tired when you’re winning. When he played for Leeds, etc. etc.

2 Likes

Are we out of the reckoning for the best 3rd placed team?

What the fuck do you think this is? A permutations thread?

3 Likes

Lolz :smile:

My bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Yes. Hungary has that sewn up, due to an odd set of results involving the Faroe Islands finishing ahead of Greece in that group.

The fucking Greeks have the whole of Europe up in a hape.

1 Like

They invented gayness!

Coleman and Wilson are available and travelling to Poland. Rob Elliott has been called into the squad to replace Given.

1 Like

A nation should never place her eggs in the basket of top 3rd placed team permutation. Query answered I trust

@Balbec, did any Poles* get broken up or suspended in Glasgow?

*players

Not to my knowledge mate. Lewy shipped a bit but he used his elbows well.

Poland will probably be full strength and should win.

But they are flaky so anything is possible.

I am so drunk I can hardly type.

1 Like

3 Likes

Ward didn’t travel as O’Neill didn’t think his body would hold up for 2 games in 3 days having barely played for Burnley.

Brady to left back is one option but he was excellent in midfield the other night. Wilson can play left back but I’m not sure he’d start two defenders who’ve been injured (assuming Coleman plays).

Contrary to that square headed cunt @Balbec 's information, Poland are without a couple of players. Milik is generally highly rated but I haven’t been too impressed in a few sightings of him (playing football).