St Johnstone v Celtic

12:30pm kickoff on ESPN>

Samaras is out injured (and will miss midweek). Brown is expected to come back in.

Ambrose is apparently unavailable for today’s game and for the Benfica game. Not sure why but possibly visa issues.

[font=Arial]Forster; Lustig, Wilson, Mulgrew, Izaguirre; Forrest, Wanyama, Brown, Commons; Hooper, Miku[/font]

[font=Arial]subs: Zaluska, Rogne, Fraser, McGregor, Watt, Ibrahim, Lassad[/font]

[font=Arial](Matthews picked up an injury on international duty).[/font]

So I presume that will be a conventional 4-4-2:

[soccer]
[gk]Forster[/gk]
[rb]Lustig[/rb]
[rcb]Wilson[/rcb]
[lcb]Mulgrew[/lcb]
[lb]Izaguirre[/lb]
[rw]Forrest[/rw]
[rcm]Brown[/rcm]
[lcm]Wanyama[/lcm]
[lw]Commons[/lw]
[lst]Hooper[/lst]
[rst]Miku[/rst]
[/soccer]

Does that mean Ledley is out for Benfica? I’m a bit surprised Wilson is keeping his place. He did well against Helsingborgs but if Cardozo is up front for Benfica I think we’d need Rogne’s aerial presence to deal with him on Wednesday.

Neil said he was hopeful that Ledley and Kayal would be in contention for Benfica.

What’s Matthews’ injury? Looking forward to Miku’s debut.

Seems like Wilson has overtaken Rogne and it’s a bit surprising. Wilson had a good game in Philadelphia against Real Madrid and was decent against Helsingborgs.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 713051”]What’s Matthews’ injury? Looking forward to Miku’s debut.

Seems like Wilson has overtaken Rogne and it’s a bit surprising. Wilson had a good game in Philadelphia against Real Madrid and was decent against Helsingborgs.[/quote]

Think it was just a knock for Matthews.

The pitch at McDiarmud Park looks very good - it’s usually a disgrace.

Couple of nice touches by Miku already.

Commons!

Smashing strike by Commons. :ireland:

Ireland’s number 1 Alan Mannus never had a chance.

:clap:

Brown has started excellently. Full of energy and purpose.

Hooper unlucky there not to nick that around Mannus. Looking good going forward so far.

Very slack defending, how loose were we?

Shocking goal to concede. Brown waved Lustig down the line and then let Vine inside. Mulgrew needed to let Wilson deal with it thought Can’t leave a man like that.

Poor by Mulgrew and others before the goal too. Think Forrest gave it away cheaply in midfield to start with. We allowed them to bring the ball forward unimpeded and Mulgrew was caught ball watching a bit.

How the fuck is that not a penalty and a red card?

I refuse to believe the referee can’t see that. Ridiculous.

We’ve been poor.

I really don’t like Lustig as a footballer. Good ball into the box there though.