Stag destination

gents have to organise a stag for few months time…any suggestions on where would be a good destination…

hamburg
anywhere in holland

Madrid - failing that, London or Bilbao.

I have also heard that Letterkenny is stag/hen central. Can anyone elaborate on that?

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]
I have also heard that Letterkenny is stag/hen central. Can anyone elaborate on that?[/quote]

Was in that place last week with work and heading back again next week.

I am dreading it already. Git of a drive and a lot of work to do.

Some nice birds floating around up there though.

Consider yourself lucky, I am in Cork on Monday with work.

There’s no good spot for a stag party, any decent boozers will refuse stag groupings.

somewhere in ireland preferably my good men… somewere thats not cork dublin galway waterford… somewhere with good nightlife good women and something to keep us out of the pub for a while during the day…

Just go to Kilkenny already, FFS:rolleyes:!

I was at a stag in Carlingford last year and it was a good spot. Very well organised it was with trip to go karting in Newry as well which was only a few mins away. Just make sure your well prepared. Chap who organised this stag did his job superbly so it was good fun.

I was at a stag in Carlingford last year and it was a pretty boring spot. It was terribly organised and a trip to go karting in Newry failed to salvage matters. Just make sure you’re well prepared as the chap who organised this stag did his job amateurishly so it wasn’t good fun.

Poor Bandage couldn’t fit into the go cart, ruined the whole weekend for him as you can see.

any of the towns around the midlands any good or are they all shitholes…

i saw a documentary about life in the midlands before & it doesnt look to be good - think the documentary was called pure mule

Athlone, Tullamore, Mullingar and Longford, shiteholes in my opinion.

Westport could be worth a shout.

Shitholes, all and sundry.

Kinsale is meant to be popular for stags.

Smashing little town.

I was in the Sheraton Hotel in Athlone on a Saturday afternoon and there were about 8 cracking looking birds arriving with overnight bags, they had a gargle at the bar and all before they even went to their rooms, classy looking sorts one and all. There was a FG conference on in the hotel at the time but I’m 99% sure they had nothing to do with it. Not aware of any of the nightclubs in Athlone though, or whether they’re any good or anything.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Kinsale is meant to be popular for stags.

Smashing little town.[/quote]
Great shout that!

Amsterdam. Full stop.

Carrick-on-Shannon obviously. Loads of accommodation, accessible by boat, train, road or air. Subsidised drink under the North/South agreement - 4 will procure almost any pint.
Daily activities include golf, horse riding, river cruises with beer on board and indoor hurling (in the Mart premises)
Various night clubs with opportunities to drink, score, fight or whatever goes on in them.
A nice friendly town with suitable pubs for a stag.
A word of warning though - it’s on the Roscommon border and while they are mucksavages in the Springtime they are completely off the wall as the Summer approaches. You will recognise them immediately however with their wild heads and mad eyes.:mad: