Stag destination

[quote=“Boxtyeater”]Carrick-on-Shannon obviously. Loads of accommodation, accessible by boat, train, road or air. Subsidised drink under the North/South agreement - 4 will procure almost any pint.
Daily activities include golf, horse riding, river cruises with beer on board and indoor hurling (in the Mart premises)
Various night clubs with opportunities to drink, score, fight or whatever goes on in them.
A nice friendly town with suitable pubs for a stag.
A word of warning though - it’s on the Roscommon border and while they are mucksavages in the Springtime they are completely off the wall as the Summer approaches. You will recognise them immediately however with their wild heads and mad eyes.:mad:[/quote]

Jesus that sounds like just the shout for an ideal average Saturday night, never mind a stag.

was out in carrick before & wasnt impressed

carrick on shannon might not be bad. any one else been there… no offence ncc but dont give a shite what u think…what about wexford town gents…is it worth a visit…!

I live near to Carrick.

I know a good few Letrim lads and have never heard them say anything good about carrick. Most of them seem to choose Longford ahead of Carrick actually and I wouldn’t say Longford’s too great.

:mad:

I’m not the best person to ask but I wouldn’t be a massive fan of Wexford town. When I took my bird to Rosslare harbour a few years back, the cabaret act in the hotel was better than anything going on in Wexford.

The Arms hotel isn’t a bad spot, my assumption is that everyone goes in there of a Saturday night but there might be other spots I suppose.

I am from Leitrim and I rarely go drinking in Carrick - partly because I don’t know anyone over there and when I go out at home I like going into pubs where I am known and where by chance you might meet more people you know.

That said if there was a crowd heading to Carrick or Longford one night and I had to choose I would pick Carrick a million times out of a million. Longford is the mother of all shitholes.

Wexford town ya have the stores… good stop not sure how stag friendly they are havnt noticed any stag/hen there before…

Wexford town is a fcukin dump…Roscrea…place is hopping…

Bet you didn’t try the indoor stickball in the Mart.
You would have loved it…:mad:

Dont bother with Wexford town for the stag. Would be a waste of time. Choose some random town that most people have never heard of and I’m sure it’d be as good as anywhere else. Rooskey or somewhere like that.

Tullamore is a decent enough town, some good pubs in it…

I know a lad from Tullamore and he’d probably take issue with that. Sounds like a dump from what I’ve been told.

The brewery tap and the Wolf Pack were good spots, live music and good drink and plenty of women about, I couldn’t find fault with them…Presume if you were going out there every weekend you might find it a dump as you would get sick of a place…

where the f^"k is rooskey!!:confused::smiley:

Exactly. Ye would rock their world. Ye could try Kilrush in Clare as well. Nice friendly atmosphere to the place.

I’m organising one for non-posting forum member NedWheeler who has his big day in September. I’ve provisionally picked Budapest for the destination after New York and Las Vegas were shot down. Anyone ever been to Budapest, have any recommendations etc? Bandage did tell me offline that Appendage has been there but can’t remember what Bandage thought Appendage thought of the place. We’re flying out on a Thursday and back on a Sunday. See loads of these web sites offering to organise things but not sure of they are just a rip off or worth getting.

Rooskey is a pictoresque little village half in Leitrim and half in Roscummon (divided by the Shannon). No niteclubs in the place so not conducive to a stag.

About ten miles away from Carrick-on-Shannon.