Stag destination

I’ll probably end up in Matt the Millers for the night, seems to be what generally happens in Kilkenny

No bother at all. A pleasure, in fact.

As you may know, Kilkenny is remarkably compact. The only one of those pubs a little out of the way is The Nore Bar. Even so, that spot is a 5m walk from the bottom of Parliament Street, where pubs 1a and 1b lie.

1 Like

Fine in the context of a stag. The Hibernian Hotel is also a nice spot, one with surprisingly good Guinness.

I’d much prefer some of the places listed above, but sure you’ve young lads trying to get their leg over who wouldn’t be of the same mind as me

I’ll go way on my own at some stage if nessecary and hit a couple

3 Likes

Tip off to The Hole in the Wall with a couple of the lads… Evening time might be best as you might squeeze in.

How tight is this hole in the wall?

1 Like

:smiley:

The original old bar might fit 10 or so good sized lads, just about.

There’s a spill over to a modern area upstairs but that’s meh.

Ask the bar man for the history of the place.

Jaysus I’m gasping

1 Like

Kilkenny must be easily the nicest big town in Ireland. Doesn’t even seem to have that ‘rough’ of an element. The townies on the Kilkenny team are pure roasters. I’d say Sligo is next nicest but has a huge ‘townie’ element

3 Likes

Ennis is great. Dungarvan and Lismore are both a lovely spot, I think. I have always liked Wexford Town. Cahir, Cashel and Kinsale are other fine spots.

I agree on Sligo. Super place to go. I love the sound of the Garravogue in the centre.

How many pubs are on the go in KK city now… 50 plus?

Sorry… Schoolboy error. Had forgotten to include Doherty’s.

I’d say of them only Ennis and Wexford are proper big towns. Both nice though you’re right

1 Like

Myself and @endakenny have never had any luck on a night out in Kilkenny.

On two separate occasions the bouncers haven’t appreciated our Tipperary humour at all at all.

1 Like

Apparently a Monday morning in the hole in the wall you’ll see all types.

As @peddlerscross has said, it has never worked out in Kilkenny for me.

I know it’s very very cliche but I find that the bouncers and bar staff in Killarney are the most hospitable of them all.

2 Likes

After what happened to my former work colleague PJ Delaney in Thurles they’d be understandably cautious once they heard your accent.

1 Like

Kilkenny was always a mixed bag. I remember a fantastic night in KK starting in kells. I can’t remember if @Fat_Pox joined us but it was great. Lovely pints. Underrated town

A friend of mine had a collarbone broken there a few weeks before exams back in the college days. Case of mistaken identity over hi-jinks with a cap and the bouncer threw him on the ground.

1 Like

Don’t be shifting your cousin on the way in next time

1 Like

Be careful driving out of Kilkenny on Sunday after a stag : drinking. Wait til your under the limit

2 Likes