Stag destination

I’m always here to help buddy!

hope to see you Friday evening.

1 Like

Enjoy pal.

Get thee to Ashton Gate if there’s a game on.

Loads of ciders to sample. Decent enough city. I was once a frequent visitor but never went out on the lash much there.

That’s an outstanding summation of the central drinking options around Limerick. We’re like-minded as regards pubs as i found myself nodding knowingly to everything there. I’ve always liked the Hurlers i must say and i think it has come on leaps and bounds again in the last year under the new owner and seems to me to be experiencing something of a renaissance. Though for the likes of Briantinnion and his stag it’s totally off limits as it’s out in the salubrious burbs. A place for locals really.

I was in Russells there lately for a pint and a bite to eat for a half an hour a few weeks ago. It’s a bit lacking in any character and it’s too big but i couldn’t knock the food, Guinness or the staff. Seems the best of a bad bunch out around Raheen side?

1 Like

Hurlers now run by a different O’Dwyer who is making a decent fist of it. Tidying up the service station alongside can only improve the place also.

Grub is good in Russells but it is a very poor pub to drink pints in. Give me a wave the next time you are there!

As I’ve remarked on here before it’s very hard to find a decent place for a pint in Raheen. They are all just big vacant soulless places. The front bar in the highway is as close as you’d come to a pub in the area.

I thought of you when i was in there alright as know it is bang in your neck of the woods. To be honest i had been in the Crescent and was attending the dogs in Limerick that night and had about an hour and a half to kill between Crescent closing and the dogs starting so i just went there to get some grub as was curious what it was like. Yeah you couldn’t drink pints in there at night. It strikes me as a place if i was living locally i might tip down there of a Saturday/Sunday afternoon and have a few pints reading paper or watching match, good place for that but that’s about it. And a bit of grub nothing fancy.

The new owner of the Hurlers is Jebs brother isn’t he? He’s made a right fist of it. It’s a fabulous pub lay-out wise with three sections and the two main ones are grand and cosy. Plus they have an almost total monopoly out that side.

A fair few pubs in Raheen area but none of them are good. We covered this last year in some detail.

Yes, it is Anthony who is running the pub now., Ged’s brother.

Brian, we can offer you a choice of the following events which may fit your schedule;

May 2016
Sat 7 May 15:00 PRO12 Munster Rugby v Scarlets Thomond Park
Mo

Sat 14th May, 6.30pm First Division Limerick v Athlone Town

Credit Union Limerick SHC round one

South Liberties v Ballybrown on May 7 in Claughaun at 7.15pm

Doon v Bruree on May 7 in Hospital at 5.00pm

Na Piarsaigh v Kilmallock on May 8 in Newcastle West at 2.00pm

Ahane v Murroe-Boher on May 8 in Caherconlish at 7.15pm

Patrickswell v Adare on May 8 in Bruff at 7.15pm

Bruff v Knockainey on May 8 in Kilmallock at 5.00pm

Credit Union Limerick SHC round two

Bruree v Ballybrown on May 13 in Newcastle West at 7.15pm

Na Piarsaigh v Doon on May 14 in Caherconlish at 7.15pm

Kilmallock v South Liberties on May 14 in Bruff at 5.45pm

Adare v Ahane on May 14 in Bruff at 7.15pm

Knockainey v Murroe-Boher on May 15 in Caherconlish at 7.15pm

Patrickswell v Bruff on May 15 in Claughaun at 7.15pm

3 Likes

I was getting my hair cut by this bird (pure Limerick city). We were chatting away about Dooradoyle/Raheen in general and the pubs or lack there-of.

Anyway it came around to the Southcourt and I said I’d never drink a pint in there it’s an awful place, she said she has a friend nearby so they’d go there for a drink the odd time. In passing I said did you see they’ve an Indian in there now (referring a new Indian Restaurant opened at the side, not bad btw I’d definitely give it another go), I did said she, “dirty smelly bastard and he in behind the counter” :joy::joy::joy: “Made me a mojito the other night, pure water”

7 Likes

@Julio_Geordio You’ve been back in Limerick now a while. If you had a prick of a day at work and just needed a few pints of a Monday or Tuesday evening say, where would you tend to go? Tip on in towards town to the White House or some pub on that side?

I never really drink mid week. If I felt the need of have a few at home. Broke out on a Wednesday alright a couple of months ago and went to the White House and a few more. There was fuck all about though. Tom Collins would have a few mid week but not a lot happening elsewhere

Somebody said to me Mickey Martins and the Still House are often packed during the day. I’d believe it with the Still House with the dole crowd in there but was surprised with Mickey Martins. This fella said he went in there one Monday afternoon and the place was mobbed with afternoon drinkers! Was not a bank holidays either.

In NCW at 2pm on the 8th? Interesting bringing hurling to West Limerick.

I’ll be there I’d say, doubtful whether we’ll get to renew our rivalry though…

Bit of a strange one for NAP & Killmallock. Must be expecting a crowd, but still.

We always bring a great crowd. Unlike those townie cunts.

:open_mouth: huh?

Any Morans likely to line out in this game?