Stag destination

Drinking wise. Specifically a pub to watch racing on the Saturday as a few of us slip away while the rest are gone off on some organised fun

Get a picture of Tom the busker pick up a few handy likes job done

2 Likes

This is where your season ticket comes into its own pal. No frantic looking around for tickets for yourself and @TreatyStones this year :+1:

Only a fool would pay for a Munster ticket

Gerry Powers on William St.
Right beside a Paddy Power and Bar One shop, with a Boyles across the road.

3 Likes

:clap:

Actually scratch that.
I had forgotten you specifically asked not to end up in hospital.

Maybe Flannerys of Wickham St might have the racing on. Nice little bar and less chance of dying.

1 Like

Here’s one I made earlier @Mac.

Update:
Sadly the beauty that was Sextons is no more.

The White House was renovated recently and they knocked a lot of the charm out of the place. I’d downgrade it from a *** to a **. Still a grand place though.

A few new additions to scene lately.
Galway Bay Brewery opened a pub on Wickham street. It’s a terrible location for a boozer. But if you like craft beer, uncomfortable chairs and board games by candlelight then this is the place for you. *

Mother Macs; Actually you’ll have to call into the mothers place @Mac. Another craft beer bar but a way better version than the Galway Bay one. Savage selection and a nice small bar that isn’t modern but not fake dingy either. A great addition to the Limerick scene***

Teds; The famed Teds reopened recently. It was a kip before and it’s a kip now. Except a bit shinier. An older crowd nightclub. *

I can’t believe I never had the famed Costelloes on my original list. The best late bar in Limerick for me. An absolute kip but it doesn’t pretend to be anything else. If the group is a bit leery you’ll still definitely get in here, a good one for the back pocket if all else fails. ***

3 Likes

WRT watching the racing. There’s a bar one beside Souths and they generally show the racing in there. It’s a horrible bar though. Maybe the Windmill behind would be showing it either.
If you wanted a real authentic Limerick bar you could try the Oliver St. John opposite the train station. Salt of the earth degenerate types, a savage pint of Guinness and near a bookie, it’s generally grand but I couldn’t guarantee your safety. You’d get a lovely bag of homemade chips in Luigis next door as well. Set you up for the day.

A smalll bit off the beaten track but Charlie Malone’s is a great spot for watching the racing and afternoon boozing

5 Likes

What time are Munster playing? If it’s during the day then there is absolutely zero hope of watching racing.

Munster aren’t playing the weekend we’re there. I think there’s an Ireland game later in the evening after the racing will be done.

1 Like

Good shout. A bit off track alright but Limericks only small really. You’d be back in the heart of it in ten mins and you could stop in reddans/O’Dwyer’s while you were at it

A1 recommendation there. Then across to steeper Flanagans for a bit of karaoke

2 Likes

What’s the organised fun ? If they are going paintballing or karting you could get the bus with them and hop off at the world famous Top of the Town

Have one in Ennis in a few weeks. Used to live out there but that was a good few years back. Is Lukas’s still going? @Tassotti?

Go-karting I believe

Should go for horse riding

That’ll either be in Delta or the NKC probably. Both indoor.

I knew the original Gerry Power and pretty much all of his family (a few good hurlers out Meelick way) and it is still the only bar where someone has followed me out and threatened to stab me the next time I run into them.

4 Likes