Stag destination

C[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post:1508, topic:7337”]
knew the original Gerry Power and pretty much all of his family (a few good hurlers out Meelick way) and it is still the only bar where someone has followed me out and threatened to stab me the next time I run into them.
[/quote]

SOTE (salt of the earth) characters

There’s not many pubs in Limerick city centre I’ve never set foot in. I like to have one in even in the dankest of bars, but I’ve never darkened the door of that place.

Can you imagine Mac and his buddies wandering in with their goofy heads and Leinster jersies “Hey goys, would you mind throwing on the gee-gees”

6 Likes

Pencilled in for late Saturday morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5u3SWPQcuE

Go through the Milk Market so all the tourists see ye

Where ye staying actually @Mac might be something worth recommending near the accom if ye aren’t in the city centre

The Gate and Portley’s used to be decent spots for day time drinking and watching the racing if @mac and his pals are staying in the Absolute hotel

The Railway Hotel

Sure they’ll hardly want to leave so.

Leave the cars across the road in the station car park. Park and Ride, shure what more would you need?

1 Like

I think its a Travel Lodge but not sure. Somewhere that I’ll see little of apart from sleeping time I’d say.

There are two travel lodges in Limerick, both in terrible locations. If they are going Karting your prob in the castletroy one. The hurlers or Shea’s would be decent bars out that side but you’d be as well off going to town as you’d prob want a taxi either way

A taxi into the Gate would be the job.

Castletroy. Top 4 floors have never been fitted out or used.

There’s nothing like a question about Limerick to bring a thread to life :clap:

3 Likes

A right looking kip. That’s not really Castletroy though is it?

It’s in no mans land on the road between Rhebogue and Castletroy. Dublin Road I suppose.

UL actually own it these days.

Is the hurlers not an unmerciful shithole ? Always disliked the place

Done up about a year ago. Supposed to be grandest now. Looks great on the outside anyway. Haven’t been in there since my college days.

3 Likes

A lovely rural turn of phrase.