Stag destination

I was there on a stag a while back. It wasn’t the best. The students were gone home and the locals were slack jawed gombeens

1 Like

Brutal but you’ll get away with murder. Pop into Scraggs Alley where the famous Tony 10 used to pull pints and socialize.

That doesn’t sound promising

1 Like

That looks very like the hostel I stayed in in Carlow years ago. A grim place, with blood on the walls
Bit of a hole of place.

When are yee off to Carlow @TreatyStones? I’ve only had good night’s out there. It’s a small enough place to keep the crowd together. If there’s a good vibe from the crowd you’re in and you stick together then it doesn’t really matter where you are. Better there than stuck in somewhere like Cork where the crowd inevitably splits up.

Edit - was asking about when, as if it was the weekend of Leinster semi there might be a good vibe around the place

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

1 Like

What kind of ape plans a stag during championship?

Budapest in September. Talk to me lads.

Possibly just missing ziget

Has anyone ever been on a stag in Sligo? Is it any use for such an endeavour?

I think somewhere on the train line from Dublin would be a good shout, as most people will be heading from there. A few cans and games of cards on the train is usually a good way to begin.

Places like Galway, Kilkenny, Cork, Limerick are very much tried and tested, along with some smaller places like Westport, while the groom is afraid to enter the occupied six so Belfast is ruled out.

Sligo therefore came to mind.

Congrats pal.

Great news.

No, never been to Sligo but i’m sure you’ll have a cracking time.

2 Likes

He sounds like a wuss.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s a right little bitch alright.

Carlingford is a good shout.in the summer - will be full of gamey Nordie birds so your ‘mate’ might not like that

1 Like

I should have said, I’m getting my ducks in a row to organise a Halloween stag. It might be better to go abroad at that time of year, but Sligo piqued the interest.

Cardiff, a pleasant days sail from scenic Rosslare…

the sailing may be pleasant but Cardiff is a shit hole

1 Like

It’s probably his future boss who’s calling the shots

2 Likes

A proper shit hole.

Bristol is an option.