Stage Dublinness -a Roy 🐐 Curtis education

Write an over the top, sentimental, saccharine tweet about Noctor’s pub in Sheriff Street in the style of Irish sportswriter Roy Curtis. Noctor’s is number 7 in Roy’s “12 Dublin pubs of Christmas” list.

ChatGPT

ChatGPT

:shamrock: Embracing the warm embrace of Noctor’s Pub in Sheriff Street, where the spirit of Christmas dances in every drop of stout. As I pen my Dublin diary, Noctor’s claims its rightful throne at #7 in the “12 Dublin Pubs of Christmas.” A haven where laughter echoes like a festive jingle, and the crackling fireplace whispers tales of shared pints and shared dreams. In the heart of Dublin, Noctor’s is not just a pub—it’s a sanctuary where the soul of the city finds solace in the gentle clinking of glasses. Here, in this sacred corner, let us raise our glasses high, for Noctor’s is more than a pub; it’s an ode to the unwritten stories of Dublin, etched in the frothy patterns of a perfect pint. Sláinte! :shamrock: #NoctorsMagic #DublinDiaries #RoyCurtisPubsOfChristmas

Write an over the top, sentimental, saccharine tweet about Noctor’s pub in Sheriff Street in the style of Irish sportswriter Roy Curtis. Noctor’s is number 7 in Roy’s “12 Dublin pubs of Christmas” list. Joke about bodies being buried under the bar and some of the local characters such as warring crime bosses Christy Kinahan and Gerry “The Monk” Hutch, as well as the propensity of some of the regulars to participate in far right riots in Dublin city centre. Joke about the reputation Noctor’s has for being unwelcoming to outsiders.

ChatGPT

ChatGPT

:christmas_tree::shamrock: #DublinPubsOfChristmas No.7: Noctor’s in Sheriff Street! :beers::sparkles: Nestled in the heart of raw, untamed Dublin, where stories echo like a chorus of ancient ballads. Noctor’s, a beacon of charm amidst the chaos, is the jewel in my festive crown.

:man_detective: Beneath the creaking floorboards, legend has it the ghosts of banter past rest alongside buried secrets. “Body shots” takes on a whole new meaning in Noctor’s, where even the floor is drenched in tales only whispered between pints.

:two_men_holding_hands::beers: The ghosts of Sheriff Street, Christy Kinahan and Gerry “The Monk” Hutch, share a nod over a well-poured pint, settling their disputes over a game of darts. Who knew peacemaking could be so competitive?

:martial_arts_uniform: When they’re not refereeing the underworld, Noctor’s regulars moonlight as street philosophers. Catch them in action, debating the merits of political ideologies over a pint, often segueing into far-right fisticuffs in the name of democracy.

:no_entry_sign::no_good_man: Outsiders beware! Noctor’s, like a fortress of frothy friendship, has a reputation for being as exclusive as a leprechaun’s pot of gold. If you can’t tell your Kinahan from your Hutch, you might find yourself drowning in a sea of raised eyebrows.

:star2: Noctor’s, a celestial pub in the gritty galaxy of Dublin, where tales are told, secrets unfold, and the spirit of the season is poured into every pint. May your Christmas be as merry as a night at Noctor’s! :santa::beer: #RoyCurtis #DublinPubs #NoctorsNostalgia

4 Likes

Roy had knocked it out of the park there. Mulligans my own Number 1.

2 Likes

A proper cathedral. Be a lovely meeting spot for the TFK Christmas social.

2 Likes

The Royness is off the charts there

I wouldn’t go that far but the first Noël holds a special place in Roy’s heart.

Some fellas will just never get it

A man who is sick of Roy is sick of Joy.

The barstool bard.

8 Likes

Roy is a prick. I’m glad I had half a gallon in a cathedral that he hardly knows about on Friday evening. I’m going again for another half on Wednesday evening in a noble house that wouldn’t let Roy and his irksome shite past its threshold.

1 Like

Hartigans is probably the finest pub in Dublin. Did it make the cut.

All the greats have a prickly streak in them.

Roy has a huge following now among my own age group.

We’ll have to wait and see.
He has the country on tenterhooks

2 Likes

https://x.com/niamhbl/status/1734006727526256980?s=46&t=PYj9bwbGq9x8mR3JFzN-5Q

I wouldn’t like to accuse Roy of using AI to generate his tweets but…

Alcohol Intelligence ?

3 Likes

Probably AI. He’s just phoning it in.

Whoever changed the title, ARSELICKING was right there, right there and you fucked it up.

Arseboxing me bollix.

No update from Anna Livas favourite son so far today

Probably somewhere lustfully living life

He has us on tenterhooks and he knows it.

Just thank God he’s on our side

3 Likes

I’d say he’s leading a sing song (a choir of angels) of old Dub classics

“I remember Dublin City in the rare old times”

1 Like

Roy deserves a day off.

He’s very sore with gout

1 Like