Stage Dublinness -a Roy šŸ Curtis education

Itā€™s a getting to be a bit like when Oasis came out with this. You knew the well was beginning to run a bit dry. You hadnā€™t heard it before but in reality youā€™d heard it a thousand times before.

Unreal - Willie will love that nod.

1 Like

That final line

ā€œAs essential to Christmas as loving those you loveā€. Sensational.

6 Likes

He has lads on here driven demented, expecting him to reinvent the wheel. Roy is in their heads

1 Like

We used live beside a cousin (heā€™s dead a good 20/30 years at this stage) of the Aherne family. I didnā€™t realise until this week that Mrs Aherne going back a few generations is a cousin of the Flannerys pub dynasty in Limerick. So the Palace and Flannerys are connected. I presume itā€™s common enough knowledge but was news to me!

1 Like

Roy seems to be in zombie mode at the moment. Wouldnā€™t blame him with all those creamy pints.

1 Like

He took a day off from the pints yesterday - on the 7th day, Roy rested - and you had his critics furiously refreshing his feed for his latest love letter to one of Dublinā€™s wonderful cathedrals.

11 Likes

Roy is a big fan of the bankers

Royā€™s love letters are a lovely little payback to those establishments who kept the draught porter flowing and good company with a knowing knock during the covid years.

1 Like

The Parnassian pisshead has done it again.

https://x.com/roycurtis68/status/1735394272411550086?s=46&t=PYj9bwbGq9x8mR3JFzN-5Q

Hark now hear, the Angel sings

5 Likes

Prick

ā€œBlue flag beach in which to swim in porterā€.

Thatā€™s just astonishing writing.

9 Likes

Incredible from Roy.

2 Likes

By God

1 Like

This 12 pubs list has been a long hall and weā€™re still only at pub 8.

Surely this series couldnā€™t be more right up your alley if it tried (even if it is too hard)?

What four are left?

Itā€™s Roy by numbers.

Heā€™ll do the same again next year too, perhaps changing two of the 12 pubs.

Evolve or die.

I had high hopes that Roy could have evolved into an Eamon MacThomĆ”is type character for the online proletariat. But heā€™s become happy to serve up the same coddle every night. And that coddle eventually curdles into a cod.

Bringing 2 of my greatest loves in life togetherā€¦ i cant believe i didnā€™t think of it myself. Roy is just operating on a different level altogetherā€¦

4 Likes

All of those Dublin pubs look too busy for midweek comfortable pints.