Starting a Gaa club

Actually LOL at that​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Good luck kev, that’s a massive undertaking.

You know a lot about the Arles story?

Mugabe is available

1 Like

This is a differenet demographic. But ironically i think sometimes success can lead to fall out.

Jealousy in dual clubs is a major issue

Also kev. If ye are going to give a written submission to the co board, just let someone else do it. Anyone, someone. But not you.

1 Like

Era its an idea for now.

The process is some people will make a play to improve things from within and create a new culture.

If that fails then this will be looked at.

1 Like

Don’t go down the race night route as a mode of fundraising, there was a bit of controversy at the Drom race night a few years ago…

You are just the sort of chap to make a go of this Kev. Pm me if you need any help with the admin side.

3 Likes

May well take you up on that at some point.

The major advantage it may have is a huge amount of well educated and business type lads are the ones pissed off.

Were it to start it would be really well run i’d suggest.

1 Like

Give us another run down so for the craic

I’d know a few involved with The Banner in Ennis, would have set up in the shadow of Eire Og, the traditional “townie” club. Lots of blow-in and immigrant families etc. Might have beneficial experience to share if you need it.

1 Like

Now thats exactly what i am thinking of.
@Spidey gave great info above (thanks, will read thru gully later) as i know he is close to a club that started from nowt.

I won’t waste your time now, but were things not to progress as people want i’ll get back to ya.

1 Like

Id be very interested to know what was the last brand new club to start in co cork. Can’t imagine one would get much support from the co board

A serious undertaking. Good luck

I’d say it’s probably Dripsey

1 Like

Good shout. What a story that turned out to be

Good luck @caoimhaoin.New blood should always be welcomed.

One of the issues dripsey ran into i think was they couldnt play any young lads who had played for another club without sitting out the 2 years…was court over it

Has to be Mallow.

It’s not a direct comparison now, they’re thirty years old this year but they’ve played our crowd in a couple of Feile A finals the last few years with both of those demographics involved. They’d be fairly forward in terms of adapting to the new realities.

1 Like