Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

Must be a Kerry thing. Got same thing in a chipper after the Brandon night club in Tralee one night. Decades ago. It was unreal

Anyone from Garryvoe who went to school in kilcredan would play with O’Neills. Jerome O Connell best example.

1 Like

No.

Well, then it is hard to know how the place would sit on a parish divide.

Part of the town of Kells in Kilkenny is in Danesfort. Most of Kells is in Dunnamaggin. The Kingsriver is the divide.

Ah… So it is a form of derogation.

Having a great time in Cavan guys

Weather edging towards too hot but the adventure parks, lakes and trails are great

Thumbs up to oirelands hidden heart lands

KOH

17 Likes

Cavan is a great spot- @Bandage and I will meet you in Dun na Ri forest park
i have the U7s out tomorrow night at 7 in the MDL v Square Utd - drop in

1 Like

That’s a long cycle

3 Likes

As has been well trodden on here at this stage. Stuffing chips are a West Limerick/Kerry phenomenon.
I suppose at some stage someone is going to lash curry on top. Tis nate. That chipper is the best of them in Killarney, but still nothing special. At 3am though after a day on it :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

It is the parish of ladysbridge and ballymacoda. Both had their separate gaa teams prior to coming together to form Fr. O’Neills in 1959.

2 Likes

+1.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy your girls will surely enjoy Erica’s Fairy Forest.

3 Likes

Thanks very much.

Would there be children from Garryvoe who attend a primary school that lies in Russell Rovers territory/Cloyne Parish?

The Garryvoe is unreal for weddings.

2 Likes

Shanagarry national school would be closer for some living in Garryvoe. When I was growing up anybody from Garryvoe went to Kilcredan. @Turenne would be much younger than me, so Ive no doubt that some go to Shanagarry ns and would play with Russell Rovers.

You have solved the whole issue. Thanks again. Always nice to know these things.

1 Like

Ev

I’m delighted to hear you’re enjoying yourselves in neighbouring Cavan.
There’s a whole country out there for exploration. Great to see so many forumites enjoying themselves in previously unheralded locations.

2 Likes

Abbeyfale has the whole gamut of dressed chips, stuffing and curry options.

cae200a3aac72595a5ffcc69f23ad942bc21993b_2_666x500

1 Like

Lockdowns not over n done with yet: whures will have us locked up tight by xmas

we had a phenomeal time in Fermanagh a few weeks ago
we took a spin as well from our base to Bundoran ( a horrible, horrible place) but went on to Mullaghmore ( ei ei oh) and Skreenagh Point in sligo - two glorious places for historical and scenic reasons
Bundoran is up there with Drogheda for being a terrible place
outside Omagh - Gortin Glen Forest Park is a brilliant place as well

1 Like