Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

My inspiration for the idea. Civil servants won’t be auditing my dinners

Is it true the armada hotel is gone ?

No, like many hotels it is closed at the moment

1 Like

Is there much to do around lettermore or lettermullen?

@KinvarasPassion @faldo @gaillimhmick and anyone else who may know

Walking

Looking at two options

The Cork Kerry one might be better to fill out a week

Probably a bit late to start on one now

There’s a fella in Tulla I think it is making serious coin from knocking these out. Basically bring him the van and he’ll knock it out.

Not into cars in any way shape or form. Only one I’ve ever had any aspiration to own is the VW Combi.

1 Like

Not a whole lot.

1 Like

A holiday in a van. Lovely.

Brian Fenton and Carol Vorderman are in the middle of converting theirs. Not together I presume

I did it with my 2 kids 3 summers back and was one the best summer holidays we’ve had, abroad or home.

Went to Tramore for the first time and they fucking loved it so we stayed on a bit longer than planned. On for Dads part of the holiday, with promise they wouldn’t whinge even once, and saw 14 man Limk draw with Cork in PUC. Kilkee, Lahinch and Galway before heading home.

Kids loved it all the more as they’d more kids to knock about with in the evenings in campsites.

There’s a lot to be said about ‘holidays in a van’, it very much was lovely

13 Likes

Yes, we did something similar about four years ago, went up to Louth and on into the north, holidaying in a van is absolutely brilliant, campsites in general are brilliant for kids, we have the 8 man tent for the last few years now and the kids love it, great way to meet other kids, bates hotels or holiday houses out the gap.

Yeah, works up to a certain age anyway. They’re that bit older now, don’t think could recapture that level of excitement with them again.

Following Summer did tent in Altogether Now Festival which they loved as well.

Just after booking activities in Delphi for late July. Hopefully tag on a camping trip August somewhere too.

@TheUlteriorMotive think you said you were heading that way too. Bookings opened today so might be worth locking in.as would.imagine demand will be high

2 Likes

Are you the lead singer in the Alvin Purple experience?

I don’t really like to regurgitate my rock n roll star days

Gas actually, hadn’t the two.told we were bombing off for the week. Picked them up from school in that yoke. Could have gone one of two ways. Thankfully they were beaming at the sight of it.

1 Like

A campervan with the kids around Ireland is the job. Go when they’re young. its mayhem, but well worth it.

Note, you will need a week off after it.

2 Likes

Thanks yeah we’ve booked for August. You remind me to look at it now

Sounds ideal. What age were they and where’d you get the van?