Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

They were 9&10 and still talk it up. Surprisingly , just asked them there would they do it again and the the answer was a unanimous yes.

Wicked Campers in Ballyfermot I got it off. Was spur of the moment looking into it. Proper campers were exhorbitant so chanced Wicker and was half the price. Bit of craic too the unit we ended up with.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing this for a number of years now, my eldest is now 14 and the youngest is 8.

From about the age of 6 the kids are suited to the campsites, you can give them a bit of independence to be off with their new pals, the campsites have a hierarchy for kids based on how long they’ve been there, on the first night they’ll be tagging along, by night 3 they’re the old hands,
I don’t think you can give your kids a better time really, highly recommend

4 Likes

Weather I presume is the flaw in Ireland. Have you done a european camping trip?

We’ve done it twice in Brittany and twice in the South of England (Cornwall and Weymouth Bay), the facilities in England are top class but very expensive (Haven), I much preferred England to France for camping
We’ve nearly always been lucky with camping weather

We holidayed in campervans for about 5 years when I was young. Some of the best memories of my childhood are from playing games of soccer against the French lads.

3 Likes

Where in Ireland would be best to go in June with outdoor dining/drinking for Royal Ascot/Euros?

I’m very worried about screens to watch live sport outside.

Dublin

Press up group venues within hotels will serve indoor from June 2. (To non hotel guests)

What are Press Up Group venues?

And why are they allowed serve indoors?

Also if you stay in a hotel, you can eat and drink indoors in said hotel but if you want a pint in pub next door, you have to drink it outdoors? :joy:

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=what+are+press+up+group+venues%3F

2 Likes

I haven’t a clue what to do. Two teenagers. Although the eldest is starting her summer job next week so she’ll probably want to do her own thing
The youngest is 15 and all shes interested in is young lads and make up.

A few trips to confessional box so

1 Like

Where did you see that? I might go back to the office :eyes:

You’ve come to the right place for advice anyhow. That’s a positive start.

2 Likes

Bring midgie repellent to Delphi.

1 Like

Seeing as, for health reasons, I can’t drink across rural Nevada and California this summer, me and the missus are thinking of heading to West Cork and Kerry for a week in July.

2 Likes

Likewise. Using this as a rough guide

The Wexford Riviera on August Bank Holiday just sorted.

2 Likes

Cobh! Jesus. Just Cobh like

@mickee321 will be made up when he gets out of the bunker