Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

Is the Pier Head open @KinvarasPassion?

Cassidys pub in Carron is a great spot for food and Guinness @habanerocat … Great porter.

3 Likes

Yep. Ate there yesterday evening. Not a huge amount of outdoor tables so book in advance.

1 Like

No, hopefully I’ll get to try both.
There’s no ringing ahead and booking though.
Pot luck.

You can’t book a table anywhere in touristy spots this year, they need to make sure that all tables are full all the time

There’s a seafood restaurant in Clufden called Mitchell’s that you’d need to stand in line for an hour to get a table

Tirana Saw Us Wrecked

Like Dingle in the old days when the telephones had only two buttons. A & B.

Was cycling in West Cork today, magnificent so it was.

5 Likes

You crazy bastard, that must have been a slog at times

It was hot :hot_face:. Plenty of water and legs were good enough. It was a sportif so it was controlled enough.

Look at that North Wexford sky.

6 Likes

@caulifloweredneanderthal we are hitting Carlingford next week. Be prepared for many questions.

1. What is the best beach nearby for kids.
  2. A pub to watch Lions test outside on screen with pints
    3 a decent hike walk or 2 for kids. And maybe one for fat dads to run.
    Ta in advance

That was a nice spin

1 Like

Whereabouts are ye staying?
Beach I would recommend Templetown. Blue flag. Has a car park and jacks. About 15-20 minutes away but there isn’t a proper Beach nearer. Ye could go into water around the side of the Carlingford Adventure Centre too but it’s not a beach.

Pubs. I wouldn’t be great on this front as I haven’t been out there at night but PJ O’Hares has decent outdoor area (see pic) but I’d call in advance.

Hike. How long? What age?
You could bring them on the Slieve Foye Loop (it doesn’t actually go up to Slieve Foye which I wouldn’t recommend for kids unless they’ve a bit of experience).

That could also be a run route. The Greenway also nice for a walk, without having to do anything strenuous. If you want something slightly more adventurous, you could walk out and back to the cross by Barnavane. I’m guessing it would be 8kmish in total from Carlingford.

You can make a nice walk that takes in the deserted village, but depending on where you are staying, a good chunk might be on road

If you’re thinking of a run, drop me a message and I might be able to get out if Mrs is not working. Tbh, you’d want to be careful on the downs if running in normal running shoes, although everything is quite dry now.

The forestry road part of the SF loop you could run in anything as it’s just a forestry fire road. You’d also get some decent views and wouldn’t be particularly strenuous

5 Likes

Now that’s a fucking write up! Thanks a million @caulifloweredneanderthal. Great detail and answered everything. You put the likes of @Mac and @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy to shame. You’re a legend.

1 Like

No bother pal. Any other questions, feel free to ask over the course of the week.

Are ye in the Hotel or a house?

This woman does walking tours. Some are for kids specifically.

https://www.facebook.com/anamtours1/

1 Like

The kids will enjoy the Carlingford to Omeath greenway, bikes can be hired

A house. Supposedly 5 mins walk from the town. Presumably normally for stags hens. 3 families going. Mrs J and her 2 sisters families.

Great. A week being badmouthed behind yere backs by the three sisters for the three boys.

1 Like