Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

None really get the cheapest option out of SNN

Thatā€™s it as well. Iā€™m only interested in Shannon with the kids. We flew from Dublin earlier in the year and it was a pain in the hole

3 Likes

I did a week in Lanzarote a couple of years ago.

I know people who love but never again for me. Concrete and more concrete, filled with fake Irish bars.

4 Likes

Between everything Iā€™ve been to all the Canary Islands, all pretty much of a muchness. Best one for me was Tenerife, has a bit of everything for every age group. The one Iā€™d like to go back to is Fuerteventura. We were there at the height of the financial crisis so it seemed a bit quiet. They appeared to be well set up for activities and were putting a lot of faith in wind surfing etc.

1 Like

I remember when I first start posting on here I was getting recommended the best rave spots on the continent.

Now itā€™s which island has the best jungle gym for toddlers.

Time moves fast.

9 Likes

Itā€™s in Africa , and thatā€™s a lot of peopleā€™s experience of ā€œSpainā€.

Iā€™ve been to the Canaries a few times, never Tenerife to be fair, but itā€™s mostly the same

Each to their own obviously but Iā€™d wonder why people always go back to the same places, Iā€™d like to see different places, itā€™s a big world

Hmmm

5 Likes

About as Spanish as a pizza

Youā€™ve belted that into the back of your own net there lad

1 Like

Iā€™m 50 years old, Iā€™ve been on hundreds of holidays, Iā€™ve been to Gran Canaria twice and Lanzarote twice, both at least 15 years apart in each case, and theyā€™re big islands.
But you do thatā€‹:+1::+1:

1 Like

Though your general point is true. Iā€™d love to go back to Vietnam but itā€™s so far away and would take so long that Iā€™d feel like Iā€™m missing out on a new destination.

1 Like

My real point was directed at people who go back to the same resorts and drink in the same pubs, eat in the same restaurants etc etc

Go back to Vietnam

1 Like

Yeah. Some people like it. They spend two weeks lying by a pool. I suppose if thatā€™s what you like it makes sense to just keep going back.

Maybe I will someday but Iā€™d like to see other places.

Well when you can afford to go on hundreds of holidays it opens up a lot of options.

Some of us are only lucky enough to go on one holiday a year so with a young family itā€™s often a choice of convenience over anything else :+1:

3 Likes

Ahhh, you poor misfortune :worried:

You sound like a great dad pal, donā€™t let them put you down

2 Likes

Gutted I wasnā€™t in dingle last night

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like