Stick hurling: Parental Guidance advised

how dare you GIF

Now it’s an outrageous amount of dirt :rofl::rofl::rofl:

cc @ of all the kilkenny lads.

Are Limerick going to have to put up with this shite ad nauseum now because they’ve won a few All Irelands?

No, Limerick not a traditional hurling county. It’ll be forgotten about come September, ye be grand :+1:

17 Likes

It’s just a pity that you couldn’t all just unite on John Gardiner and leave it at that, @Malarkey had discovered the secret of handy likes on TFK

1 Like

they’re modern enough alright

edginess?

Ah here. I think you need to get out more

1 Like

Not much effort required there.

A manly game

Iarla Tannion mistimed a pull. There was nothing mistimed about the pulls across his ankles at both throw ins of the first 2012 final. Or nothing mistimed about the butt of the hurl into the back of his neck from one of your brave defenders in a previous match. Much more sinned against than a sinner, Iarla Tannion was a very clean hurler, probably too clean.

10 Likes

That has been our problem for too long

Well said. Tannion was a proper gentleman, on and off the pitch. I can’t believe that rotten, drunk bastard is trying to sully his good name. Next thing he’ll be going back to the archives to claim Joe Cooney went out to do Ger Henderson.

4 Likes

Anyway, getting back onto the discussion of corner backs… JJ Delaney trumps Sean “Jesus” Finn, but Ollie Canning was a cut above both of them.

2 Likes

Very difficult compare Sean Finn to jj Delaney. Delaney rarely had the numerical protection Finn benefits from. Delaney also done it in the half back line and the full back line. Finn has a long way to go in my opinion. He’s very good defender in fairness.

3 Likes

Ollie Canning, the GOAT.

2 Likes

Was it not the start of the replay where he had his ankle pulled across, after having it softened up the first day when he was man of the match? I remember Tommy Walsh taking Damian Hayes out of it in the very first minute in Thurles in 2004, should have been a red but he had weighed up Kirwan was unlikely to send a man off that early. Something in my memory tells me Hickey got away with one very early that day as well.

You’re probably right, it was both days. Tannions’ pull on Reid also wasn’t off the ball as the muppet alleges, it was a lazy pull but the ball was there.

1 Like

Aye it was a tired flick from a lad who had been carrying himself around the field injured for the afternoon.

2 Likes