Stone Roses: 20th Anniversary

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0027CSKQU?ie=UTF8&tag=thestonercouk-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B0027CSKQU

I have this on pre-order. Savage addition to the collection I must say. Looks the business.

Lots of other shit being released too. I might try and get my hands on the re-release of Elephant Stone.

What the fuck is going on here? I think the forum thinks that’s an amazon video. Might need to tidy that up.

I didn’t do it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b3/1f11.gif

Is this a gardening book?

:eek:

I am Gerry Daly,
and I am the light,

The stone roses? As in 1 average album??

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/improvised-blog/snob.jpg

:pint:

It was more a response to the first post, “The collection” -they had 1 decent enough album if i remember correctly?

Nice to see you are not feeling bitter about that amazing ballhop a while back.

You’ve remembered incorrectly. Check out Turns into Stone and Garage Flower.

[quote=“ChocolateMice”]It was more a response to the first post, “The collection” -they had 1 decent enough album if i remember correctly?

Nice to see you are not feeling bitter about that amazing ballhop a while back.[/quote]

So it’s now decent enough from average enough…

‘If you remember correctly’

I suppose you have heard so much proper music since that you can’t remember an album as insignificant as that.

Not bitter - just pointing out your hypocrisy.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]So it’s now decent enough from average enough…

‘If you remember correctly’

I suppose you have heard so much proper music since that you can’t remember an album as insignificant as that.

Not bitter - just pointing out your hypocrisy.[/quote]

Average / Decent = same thing, middle of the road.

Proper Music :pint: That’s your fort…

Middle of the road? :eek:

Not sure fans of the Stone Roses on here would like to see them being referred to as that.

But if I was to give out about Oasis then I am called a snob for going against conventional music.

You’re a gas man.

For the record, imo, the first Roses album is infinitely better than anything Oasis have ever done.

I don’t pay attention to horse shit.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Middle of the road? :eek:

Not sure fans of the Stone Roses on here would like to see them being referred to as that.

But if I was to give out about Oasis then I am called a snob for going against conventional music.

You’re a gas man.

For the record, imo, the first Roses album is infinitely better than anything Oasis have ever done.[/quote]

Look the roses showed potential, and their first album was a decent listen (nothing amazing) but that was it really.

Oasis on the other hand ruled the world and were the voice of a generation… If you want to go against the grain then fair enough, but oasis will be remembered for ever… if you ask kids today who the stone roses were they look at you with a blank expression.

Huge Stone Roses fan here, from the beginning.

Huge Oasis fan also.

Nothing wrong with liking them both, Mani has huge respect for what Noel Gallagher done and has on many an ocasion called Noel a poet for his generation.

No need to run down Oasis to lift up the Roses farmer, no need to be so snobby.

[quote=“ChocolateMice”]Look the roses showed potential, and their first album was a decent listen (nothing amazing) but that was it really.

Oasis on the other hand ruled the world and were the voice of a generation… If you want to go against the grain then fair enough, but oasis will be remembered for ever… if you ask kids today who the stone roses were they look at you with a blank expression.[/quote]

Jaysus this is interesting. There wouldn’t have been an Oasis without The Roses.

Whats this 20 year thing? Was the anniversary not muich earlier in the year I remember reading about it?

Great album btw, one of the all time greats.

Big deal?You could say the same about any band really Flano, Some one always opens the door for another… but Oasis surpassed them in every way.