Stone Roses: 20th Anniversary

I was at El Paso hardcore legends At The Drive-Inā€™s show in the Temple Bar Music Centre in 2000, Fagan. I know how to ā€œrock outā€, as it were. What I was giving out about was lads unable to hold their drink (despicable and unmanly) and eejits shouting rubbish to each other and taking photos instead of listening to the band. I like everyone to be off their heads on drugs and drink but fucking hold it together or donā€™t do it, is my opinion.

Alan Partridge-esque.

Speaking of which, is the open books episode being repeated on sky at any stage?

Sky Atlantic at a quarter to one tonight

I presume it was meant to display a level of coolness or some shit like that. I was impressed anyway. Greatly impressed.

Thatā€™s rather frustrating. Donā€™t have Sky Atlantic on UPC.

+1 million. Some amount of precious cunts on here. The musicianship on show last night was unreal and while Brown will never be note perfect he was more than adequate and a great front man to boot. The home stretch of the setlist as it got darker was brilliant.

Only bought 2 beers in there and both times it was bar up the back to the right and was waiting no longer than 10 minutes. Entered in and out of Ashtown gate and got bus back to town in 25 minutes.

Yes thereā€™s going to be older lads off their face - prob first time doing pills or whatever in a few years but didnt see lads falling round the place and there were actually ZERO arrests last night.

Rumours of literal killings in the Park tonight. Fucking mayhem.

Is Ireland to have its own Meredith Hunter moment?

Fittingly, Iā€™m watching a BBC Omnibus Hunter S. Thompson documentary hereā€¦

Rintintin has finally taken his escapades too far. Its all fun and games until two people are stabbed to death with a broken glass bottle.

Seems like itā€™s pretty bad alright. Maybe Fagan was only warming up the other night.

Donā€™t see it mentioned on any news site? Probably just a rumour that got out of hand but I wouldnā€™t put it past RTT

I reckon the the rumour of the two dead people isnā€™t true but Iā€™ve heard that there has definitely been a slashing at it, some poor bastard got his face ripped to shreds.

When I saw the gangs around Finglas, Ballymun & Coolock all heading to the Park, had a feeling there would be murderā€¦

7 stabbings and 3 lads dead from odā€™s

[quote=ā€œJulio Geordio, post: 356022ā€]

7 stabbings and 3 lads dead from odā€™s[/quote]

Whereā€™d you see that about the 3 odā€™s?

Thatā€™s some going for a single gig

RTE reporting that there were 9 stabbings

In the journal one at the gig & two after although I think it wasnā€™t confirmed the two weā€™re at the gig Iā€™m just indulging in some hyperbole

Liveline should be epic today.

A lot of people like to ring Joe Duffy, but if you want to talk about hurling youā€™ve got to talk to Joeā€¦ Joe Canning