Stone Roses: 20th Anniversary

Not at all…By posting on the tag rugby I put myself up to be shot at by all manner of apes… I’m not afraid to admit when i am wrong (ish). Unlike farmer here, he persists with his ignorance to the bitter end just to try to be differnt and stand out… You’d think being from leitrim would have covered all bases but no. " I wanna be adored" i believe is a roses song… no truer words could be said about the big man.

Seriously - are you on something there?

anyway enough of the banter between the man who casts no shadow and CM

and now for something completely different, also those who write off the second coming are idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyG4V2DBW9w

First Roses album is a stone-cold classic. They paved the path for Inspiral Carpets who then gave a job to Noel as a roadie…says it all really.

Xanax and Tiger beer!! :smiley:

[quote=“artfoley”]anyway enough of the banter between the man who casts no shadow and CM

and now for something completely different, also those who write off the second coming are idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyG4V2DBW9w
[/quote]

Great shout art. I recently downloaded bootlegs of the Leeds and Leicester gigs from the Second Coming tour from 1995 (the Manics supported in Leeds in their first gigs without Richey), and they sound blistering. Once you get over Browner’s voice that is. Which doesn’t take long if you’re a Roses fan in the first place.

Get them all here:

http://week-ender.blogspot.com/search?q=stone+roses

What is Squire doing these days?

not a reunion anyway

"In January 2009, Squire launched a new exhibition of his art entitled Heavy Metal Semantics, in London, and announced further exhibitions in Oldham, Austria, and Tokyo later in the year. In March 2009, Squire put an end to speculation surrounding the Stone Roses’ reunion by defacing one of his artworks with the text “I have no desire whatsoever to desecrate the grave of seminal Manchester pop group The Stone Roses.”[10]

Also on March 19th 2009, Squire appeared on the BBC’s Newsnight, and when asked if a reunion would ever occur, he stated that it " absolutely most definitely not". He said he came on air to address the fans once and for all and also, " to stop the phones ringing. " He also stated his belief that music is a young persons game."

cheers for the gigs sledge, dl’ing them as I type:thumbsup::smiley:

[quote=“artfoley”] He also stated his belief that music is a young persons game."
[/quote]

Someone should show him the list of artists who’ve played the Point this year.

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you and…

[quote=“artfoley”]
cheers for the gigs sledge, dl’ing them as I type:thumbsup::D[/quote]

The guitar warming up for I Wanna Be Adored at Leeds is like an airplane, absolutely class sound. That gig was broadcast on BBC Radio One years ago and it’s what first got me into the Roses.

just listened to resurection and tightrope in leicester, brown is atrocious for resurrection but the song is saved by a brilliant outro version, tightrope works in spite of brown sounding like me in a korean karaoke at 3 in the morning, actually adds to it:clap:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]

Go back to your tag rugby. It’s where you belong.[/quote]

Cheap shot farmer, debate the point not the poster. He’s allowed have an opinion on music, in the same way as you are.

I have never heard of these stone roses and I would consider myself quite the music buff as I listen to Colm and Jim Jim regularly :thumbsup:

Disgusting snobbery.

Not surprising though is it bandage? Farmers snobbery when it comes to music is well documented on this forum.

I’m not a music snob. It’s just my taste is better than everyone elses and everyone should like what I like.

It’s getting to the point where I am almost afraid to post on anything musical for fear of being abused… Cyber bullying it’s called in some circles…

Maybe PM Farmer with your thoughts on whatever musical issue’s on your mind and get his clearance/agreement before putting it up on the main board?

This ia serious matter bandage, is there some sort of facility on this forum for perhaps reporting, or disciplining a cyber bully such as farmer? CM has rights.