Suicide

Sorry chief. Couldn’t wish that on anyone

1 Like

Thanks, I wasn’t close or anything but as I say the pain his parents must be going through and the sadness at the funeral was awful. They can’t get their heads around it

8 Likes

Sorry for your trouble.

Sorry for your loss mate regardless of how close you were. The harsh thing is, they’ll never get the answers they want but they have to come to that realisation in their own time. If you have the chance to encourage them to use Pieta House or the local equivalent then it can only help them.

2 Likes

Thanks , I think they might be getting help alright

Sorry for that tsg. It’s brave enough just going to the funeral.

Aidan Connor

RIP

You’re scraping the barrel now simpleton.

Is your sole purpose on this forum to go around and show everyone how inadequate you are?

1 Like

One of our staff was awol the last couple of days, phone off, not taking calls. Text him to see if he was alright. Rang me today to tell me he he tried to take his life a couple of days ago. His step dad happened upon him, got him down, brought him round. Poor fucker. Didn’t know whether to support, console or fuck him out of it so did all three! He says he’s okay but fuck sake, what a cunt of a thing to do. He has a young child with one on the way but it’s fractious between him and the girlfriend and a row and her storming off with the kid triggered him off. Said it’s his third time trying over the years. And he’s on the end of the phone apologising that he can’t come in to work as the marks on his neck are too prominent!! Christ almighty but it’s a fucked up world

1 Like

he may try again unfortunately, he needs help obviously and imho should never get off ant depressants

3 Likes

Tragic tale.

1 Like

Knew he was missing, huge fan, that’s just so sad.

He wrote his own ending in the song below, as that Guardian piece alludes to. From reading Celtic sites over the years it appears that the Forth Bridge is a notorious suicide spot and folk regularly jump from it.

https://youtu.be/Yn4nQQ-r8xY

1 Like

Interviewed him (over phone) about a decade ago when they were touring the first album on Fat Cat but kind of lost touch with them after. Remember the interview being good fun. Think his brother was driving the van at the same time

3 Likes

Wrote one of their albums about the break-up of his relationship with the lovely Shell from Big Brother (when that show was popular) I believe. They went to school together in the Borders. The lyrics of his songs show he has been a tortured soul for a very long time but was also a very charming man on his better days. A very tragic case that is sadly played out all too often.

2 Likes

Never heard of them

They’re not that well known, like a lot of better than average bands. Peaked around a decade ago, if peaked is the appropriate word.

1 Like

It’s usually around this time on this day when Sid wakes up in his hovel that he starts to admonish the ridiculousness of people walking all around Ireland to prevent suicide. I can’t wait for this years installment.

Critically acclaimed were they?

1 Like