Suicide

Disadvantaged areas.

And maybe the kids in your kids class are not fat yet. Obesity really seems to explode after 9. That’s just my anecdotal experience now before the pub med brigade come along

It’s a middle of the road type area. There are no fat kids in either class 2nd or 4th. The vast majority in both Boys and Girls classes are playing at least one sport. The school regularly runs “Food Dude” type initiatives which encourage children to have more fruit and veg in their lunch boxes.

I’m sure your correct re disadvantaged areas and child obesity is a serious issue but I do think its overstated by vested interests.

Of course they were. People haven’t been happy since the agricultural evolution. People were content hunting and foraging, hanging around in small groups and worshipping the moon. Farming fucked that up and led to the majority of people becoming indentured slaves to the system. It’s only worse it is getting. And for what… a nice house, a fancy phone, a nice pair of tackies and a few likes on the internet are all fine and good but meaningless in the grand scheme of things when you’re 6 feet under. I

9 Likes

Ah yes, you know me now i’m an unbelievable cynic for this shit, you are right in one way.

There is not a western cou try around that has not delayed itself to be the “most obese country in the world” or the classic irish “we will be the most obese in the world”

@backinatracksuit - I have a program I use with clients. I have been onto the big shots who designed it about rolling it out on broader scales (teams, schools, uni’s etc). They will bespoke the shit out if it for me if needed.
What opposition would you cone up against in DEIS schools? The problem usually with doing the best most evidence up to date thing is the lager who is in situ unwilling to up skill or move aside. What do they do in relation to eating with kids.
I do use rhos program with kids but in a private capacity so no issue. It works. Has a profound effect on family life in fact. But rolling it out seems like alot of work.

1 Like

Sometimes you surprise me alf.

We will be the most obese country in Europe by 2025.

And so will Italy And the UK and Holland

Limerick had the most obese full back line in the world for a while there but not any more unfortunately

Is that the curse of consciousness, of eating the apple in the Garden Of Eden

Depression is only a fad, it was far less prevalent 30 or 40 years ago, social media is to blame for a lot of it

In fairness, hunting wildebeest and shouting at the moon are fairly meaningless when you’re six ft under.

That means a lot to me Kevin :smile:

Seriously hard watching now on RTE with the parents of a teenage girl who killed herself describing the system failures in the lead up to her death.

Woeful stuff

A relative committed suicide last week, utter devastation for their immediate families. Replaying scenarios in their heads to see if they could have done things differently

Sorry to read that.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that TSG.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that pal

1 Like

It’s terrible for his immediate family and horrible to see their pain

I hadnt seen the person for a few years

1 Like

Fucking awful thing for those left behind, sorry for your loss.

1 Like