Suicide

There are no winners in that story

Quite obvious she had alcohol issues yet the sub heading suggests internet trolls were to blame

The last thing we want to start doing is victimising internet trolls.

8 Likes

well it is the guardian, but the original story showed that it was most definitely in vino veritas

We thrive on it kid

Trolls are people too… we need to treat them accordingly.

1 Like

That’s a tragic story. She clearly had issues in the first place. It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that she wasn’t fully rational. It’s appalling that she felt driven to this.

She should have let it all fly over her head.

to be honest flatty, while acknowledging she clearly had problems, I’m finding it difficult to muster much sympathy for her; swanning arounf in business class, quaffing vino for breakfast on a charitys dime, then combined with her behaviour on the flight which id say wasnt an isolated event either.

2 Likes

Christ

2 Likes

Being drunk on a flight is an offence? News to me

being drunk and disruptive is the offending behaviour

1 Like

Keyboard warriors. Your fault .

1 Like

Hardly. Her own actions brought the opprobrium her way. If people actually took responsibility for their own actions then there’d be fuck all for the keyboard warriors to get exercised about.

1 Like

Didn’t she do 6 months in prison for the offence which is harsh enough when you see the offences some people get suspended sentences and the likes for. . The public shaming and vitriol of the mob was undeserved in my opinion as the matter was dealt with. Shur it feels great knocking down strangers a peg or two based on a couple of minutes of a clip on youtube but you have no idea what was going on in her life at the time. She was a human rights lawyer so one would assume she did some good in her life.

2 Likes

An oxymoron if there ever was one. I worked with several human rights lawyers in my time, each and every one of them making sure to extract as much money as they could out of the system, as evidenced by travelling in business class in this instance at the expense of a charity.

The sentences on airliners are tough because it’s supposed to be a deterrent to fools who want to endanger an aircraft or think that crew are their chai wallahs.

If you want to feel sorry for her by all means do.

4 Likes

Yeah I think I will feel sorry for someone driven for whatever reason to take their own life. A reasonable point of view I’d have thought.

12 Likes

“I’m a human rights lawyer” is usually lawyer-speak for “I work for Colonel Gaddafi” or the like.

Who knows what drove her, it could have been her own method of atonement.

1 Like