Suicide

Glenstal abbey it a school of privilege

It’s the crescent , comp is an outsiders name for the school

Comp is the.most prestigious school in Limerick, despite appearing to be mediocre in everything

2 Likes

All boy schools are outdated . A bully den .

It held that aura despite moving from being a fee paying scholl years ago. Its gas as your correct. There’s no difference when it comes down to it across all secondary schools in Limerick. But you can tell straight away where someone went after about 10 minutes of chatting to them even 15 years on

Compers, you can spot a group of them a mile away

Villiers always were an alternative crowd. Nothing wrong with them but they never went out of the way to be fancy you just knew

That’s a proddy school .

Doesn’t make much of a difference tbf

A hockey stick or a hurley .

Villiers is like Ashton in Cork, it encourages Kids to be individuals, tends to suit the more ‘quirky’ kids, fees are very reasonable. We’re considering it for one of our girls

1 Like

Laurel Hill girls were great for riding.

4 Likes

Comp is big into hockey and rubby and isn’t a prod school doesn’t make much of a difference. Theor jesuits alright but again very rare for the clergy to be involved in teaching unless they trained as a teacher and are registered with the teaching Council

Colaiste one… they were (or claimed to be) superior to the English school

Its wrth it for children like that. I’ve a cousin who went there. Was perfect for him, we always knew he was a bit strange when he was young but it was a perfect school for him for that setting

1 Like

A good Convent and CBS underpin all proper rural towns.

2 Likes

Every year I check that top 500 schools thingy to see if my Alma Mater made it, every year I’m disappointed
If there was another 500 they still wouldn’t

4 Likes

Would you rank yourself in the top 500 teachers in the country ?

Sure that list doesn’t matter a fuck. Some schools getting young fellas into a trade or a PLC course is more of an achievement than getting 5 fellas woth 600 points

4 Likes

The guys that went to comp either turned out to work for the tax man or be a degenerate underwear sniffer.

5 Likes