Suicide

Themselves and Bono growing up in the ghetto

3 Likes

:blush::blush:that shagging plamaser

jimmy casey

would have been in school with you ?

Side of ham?

Twudnt have been a fancy school like you went to in fairness. Twas a practical solution to a real problem

Was only starting when I was finishing… Their sister was in our year. Was a fine school in 70/80s but then more and more from South hill took over… That family robbed a watch and my bus money off me one day alright. Did it to another mate another day…

I don’t know how I survived that school at all. A fucking war zone.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have considered ardscoil a fancy school. cc @LionelRitchie

I’d say it was alright in comparison to some of our schools, they used to be on Blackboard Jungle

1 Like

It’s in the name sure.

Ardscoil Riche

That was the chant alright “we won blackboard jungle, we won blackboard jungle nananana nananana” while we were invariably being beaten off the field in whatever field sport we played. Only got good at hurling well after my time and were always shit at rugby. The jungle bus was still going when I joined the school, but it was filling up with exhaust and lads would be green and puking coming out of it, it was decommissioned soon after.

1 Like

never realized you were working class mate

Cheers mate. Let’s stay friends though

3 Likes

Bernie?

It improves hugely when De Brun took over. She turned it into tip top shape. Certainly wasn’t fancy prior to that.

Would view Comp.still.as more fancy even these days.

It must have been even tougher given your Mediterranean / Cherokee good looks

Edmund Rice down the road was the least fancy. A madhouse. then you’d nessans and endas on the next step and we were about next level up with munchens and Clements.

Those lads would teach ya

Eddie the rat drove it. Got his name as he’d rat if he spotted.you mitching while.out driving the van.

2 Likes

I wouldnt call comp fancy but you can tell that any of the almui think their shite doesn’t stink

On the scale of schools, comp and Villiers are about as fancy as it got