Suicide

Wishing you and your family the best @iron_mike

The youngster I mentioned a couple of months back has made good progress, back in sports, taking on a new job and a couple of other positive changes. Family support along with professional care is nnecessary. No magic formula or quick wins. It is a slow road but take a step at a time.

28 Likes

No words @iron_mike but that you have the goodwill of everyone rooting for your daughter tonight. I hope to god it works out ok.

2 Likes

Shocked to hear this Mike hope all works out ok for a gentleman like yourself and your family.

2 Likes

Thinking of you and yours today @iron_mike

6 Likes

A hard station for you all @iron_mike. A slow and steady approach to recovery with allowances for the fact that it’s a young mind at the wheel might be worth consideration.

They are growing up in a completely different world to ourselves. We think we know, like our parents did, but in reality, we haven’t a clue.

Look after yourselves.

11 Likes

Best wishes to you & your family @iron_mike.

1 Like

1 Like

Only seeing this now @iron_mike best wishes to you and your family.

1 Like

To all of you. Thank you for your kind words and overwhelming support over the last few days. I have been inundated with pms and support for which I am extremely grateful and I apologise to those who I did not respond to. It wasn’t on purpose believe me. Its been a rough few days but we’re making progress and thankfully we’re all still here. This won’t heal itself with an operation or single session of counselling. But it will be ok. As a family we’ve been through a lot of shit over the last six years and are still standing. We’ll get through this as well. Believe it or not, having a place like this is a great comfort to turn to even if half of ye are a shower of cantankerous aul cunts

95 Likes

Best wishes to ye pal, any advice or assistance there is plenty to offer here.

1 Like

Best of luck mate. Long road but you’ll all get there.

1 Like

Ah fuck @iron_mike, I’m sorry to see this, only seen it there now pal. All you can do is give her your fatherly love. My heart goes out to you and the family.

1 Like

Good to hear. Ye’ll get through this together.

1 Like

Best of luck @iron_mike ye will get through this together

1 Like

The real work starts now. You and your family will get there

2 Likes

Better news. The very best to ye, Mike.

2 Likes

Relieved to see that post, with what is a relatively positive outcome given the alternatives. A long road ahead for sure, but at least you are on it.

2 Likes

@iron_mike , always respect your positve attitude

Delighted your family is making progress

6 Likes

Any chance of a sambo in the yacht club later :wink: ?

15 Likes

Only half?

1 Like